QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Windows Insider program

Started by Bigguy, Feb 09, 2019, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

You should be going through another damn update right now, lol. I am. Man this sucks. I might just stop this. It's really getting anoying. Been sitting at 7 % now for a while.....Oooh, there it jumped to 58%. Of course this is just configuring the update..... :(
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

Well, that was short and sweet but it's still getting anoying. Updated to ver.1903 build 18362.53 not sure what is new in this small update.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Not much new.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-1836253-to-insiders/
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

I just did this yesterday. One more update....This is waaaay to much waay to quick. :bnghd We are now moving to 18875.1000 and an error while downloading:

0xca00a000

Guess I gotta figure that out now, damn it.

This may fix it:

https://windowsreport.com/0xca00a000/

Oldiesmann

Updates do come pretty quick if you're on the fast ring. I think it's fun though because on the off chance they add something cool I can brag that I got it before everyone else did :P
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

live627

I'm still on 1803, btw. Not sure why I had to post that. Oh right, my computer is a productivity machine, not a tests dump.

Bigguy

@Oldiesmann I like it to but it would be nice to have a breath before they start shovin another update at ya.

@live627 Mine isn't a test dump either. 1803 was buggy as hell was it not. :ques

Skhilled

I wouldn't mind doing it but am too busy to keep up with it, atm.

Bigguy

So, for some reason I was not able to update to the next windows version which is 18885.1001. My computer kept telling me that there was a driver or service that could not be updated and would not proceed. The weird thing is it would not tell you what that driver or service was.

I searched on the net for a bit and came across this article on a site that said to delete the battleye folder and it's contents. I had never heard of this before. I guess what it is is part of some anti-cheat software. I'm guessing from steam as I have it installed.

Well, I didn't delete the folder, I renamed it. Now, the computer is updating like it should have a month ago. Here is a link to what I am installing right now:

click

I hope all goes well. I'm at 26% installed right now but then it will have to restart and all that bullshit so hopefully I will not be to long at this. :plea

Bigguy

That went smooth...on my way to Windows 10 Pro build 18912.1001

Bigguy

One more update. Now I am on build 18941 rs_prerelease 190713-1700. I have not checked it out fully but it has some speed to it. :)

Skhilled

Maybe one day they'll get it right...lol

Bigguy

lurkalot

Quote from: live627 on Apr 12, 2019, 01:23 AMI'm still on 1803, btw. Not sure why I had to post that. Oh right, my computer is a productivity machine, not a tests dump.

1803 will be unsupported soon.  You will see that message in Windows update after you install the last updates for it.

Bigguy

In the last week I have updated my computer twice. I'm now on build 18999 vb_release 191004- 1432 This is gettin to be a pain in the ass a bit. >:(

Skhilled

Me too...at least updated twice. Not sure why but they need to get it together.