QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Code that changed the world

Started by Bigguy, Oct 18, 2019, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I'm about half way through this article and thought you guys might find this interesting. Check it out.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/10/consequential-computer-code-software-history.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I read some of this the other day but was too busy to finish it. I remember when IRC and a lot of the other things in that article first started. I started getting into computer a lot more around the mid to late 80's. I used to know a bit about coding BASIC, C, C++, dbase, Paradox and Machine Language but then I got into other things. I've always thought the best browser ever was Netscape. but sadly, it's gone...

Bigguy

I started around the mid to late 80's as well. Netscape, there is something I haven't heard of in a while. It was certainly better than IE, lol.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 19, 2019, 06:19 AMIt was certainly better than IE, lol.
Anything is better than IE even Chrome ;)

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe