QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Github - Progress on SMF 2.1 Final / Release ?

Started by LandyVlad, Jan 20, 2021, 10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I can't access GH from work (and have enough trouble with it from home).

Perhaps someone could let me know what % it's showing as at the moment, and post here periodically to update us all?

Thanks
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lurkalot

RC4 81% complete 67 open 294 closed
No due date  Last updated 1 day ago

Final 22% complete 7 open 2 closed
No due date  Last updated about 2 months ago

LandyVlad

Thanks mate.

So there's an RC4 eh. 'People' are gonna get upset, and whinge a lot more than before :)
(Hard to believe I know  :D  )

I wonder why so low % wise?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

SychO

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jan 21, 2021, 09:32 PMThanks mate.

So there's an RC4 eh. 'People' are gonna get upset, and whinge a lot more than before :)
(Hard to believe I know  :D  )

I wonder why so low % wise?

Well, there is really no reason for people to get upset about an RC4, It was talked about in a dev blog months ago: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=574576.0

Also, whether there is 1 or 5 more RCs doesn't change or affect the time it takes to get to Final. You just end up with the same time divided by the amount of RCs, but it doesn't push Final any further. So it really doesn't matter.

Also the percentage on the Final milestone doesn't matter either right now, and in fact should be set to 0 as it is only misleading, because they have to go through RC4 first, they can't just skip and work on Final, it's not how it works.

LandyVlad

Oh i totally get that mate - but you know how certain people are... let's just call it a prediction.

LandyVlad

What are the current github % completion numbers on RC4 and final?

Oldiesmann

Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

LandyVlad

Bigguy

RC4 is 99% now. I suspect the RC4 tag will be pushed in the next few days. Lots of work went into it. It'll be great to see.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Yep, cool.   :rgton  :rgton  :rgton   

:vcool to all the devs.

lesmond

Progress on SMF 2.1 RC4 100% complete   :rgton

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

I saw that. I will upgrading the site real soon. ;)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

LandyVlad

Wait, how is there no announcement about this on the official forum?

Bigguy

@LandyVlad They are probably just doin a few more tests to be sure before they put the announcement up.

lesmond

LandyVlad

lesmond

Bigguy

LandyVlad

Quote from: lesmond on Aug 16, 2021, 03:05 AMLooks like they dropped the RC's

I cant see the image due to firewall at work.
(and never remember to check from home)
What the % ? :D

Bigguy

86% complete. It was higher than that but a few more issues popped up.

LandyVlad

lurkalot

It did get up to 90% a few days ago, but new issues were found and reported since the simplemachines.org site got upgraded to 2.1 last night.  ;)

LandyVlad

LandyVlad

According to this post https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=580467.msg4109064#msg4109064  nd this post https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=580467.msg4109076#msg4109076

there are still about 50 items outstanding for 2.1 final? Is that correct?

I thought we were closer to the end than that... :(

Neša

0 for 2.1.0 but there are issues for 2.1.1 and future.
I think 2.1 will be released soon.

LandyVlad