QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SM.org new look

Started by Bigguy, Aug 17, 2021, 06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Nice to see their site upgraded. It looks to narrow though imho. :dontknow
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

QuoteNice to see their site upgraded. It looks to narrow though imho. :dontknow
Have they started using SMF 2.1 ? :dontknow

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Yes they have...looks good but to narrow. I think they will see it soon enough...I hope.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

Quotelooks good but to narrow. I think they will see it soon enough...I hope.

Width seems fine to me on my laptop.  If you're using a massive widescreen monitor I would imagine it would look narrow by design.

lesmond

This is how it looks on my 26" screen...

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

That's how it looks on my screen @lesmond to narrow.

lurkalot

That's how it should look on a wide screen. max-width: 1200px;

I guess reason is you'll be reading a whole paragraph on one very long line, and making it smaller makes it easier to read.

Bigguy

I like the width of this site. Less showing is better unless your trying to show off the background. I understand your point though. I guess it comes down to personal choice really.

Oldiesmann

My laptop has full HD resolution (1920x1080) and the 1200px width bugs me because of all the blank space on the side, but I guess I'll get used to it eventually
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Bigguy

Plus, I don't think alerts are working over there. :dontknow

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 19, 2021, 06:28 AMPlus, I don't think alerts are working over there

They weren't, but I think they fixed them today because I've now got loads of them. lol..

Bigguy

Yeah, I had 88 when I got back online, lol.

Ronald

I went there yesterday, thought maybe I had the wrong site. Looks good, but they need to add some extra theme skins. I just can't stand there default colour.

Bigguy

I gotta get on an update for this site and start to customize it, I don't mind the default color but it could look so much better.

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 19, 2021, 12:33 PMYeah, I had 88 when I got back online, lol.

Strange thing is, since yesterday the top bar no longer shows me when I get alerts, but if I click the alerts button and then click all alerts then they are there.. 

Anyone else getting this issue?

Bigguy