SMF 2.1 RC4

Started by Bigguy, Jul 10, 2021, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Jul 10, 2021, 12:41 PM Last Edit: Jul 10, 2021, 12:46 PM by Bigguy
Straight from SMF:

QuoteSimple Machines is pleased to announce the release of SMF 2.1 RC4. Bugs reported and labeled for RC4 have been fixed along with improvements to security, stability, and performance. Some of the fixes and improvements are as follows:

Announcement Topic

Ronald

I got a notice from git that you can now use it on a live forum.

lurkalot

QuoteI got a notice from git that you can now use it on a live forum.

Strange, what was in the message, because, taken from here, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=578135.0

QuoteNote, however, that we do not recommend using an RC package on any live installation and/or production forum owing to the very nature of RC packages.

That said it's been on here since I can remember, and I've also been using it, but at our own risk of course. It's pretty solid to be fair.

Ronald

QuoteStrange, what was in the message, because, taken from here, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=578135.0

That said it's been on here since I can remember, and I've also been using it, but at our own risk of course. It's pretty solid to be fair.

QuoteMichel Mendiola <notifications@github.com>
Sat 7/10/2021 10:09 AM
2.1 RC4
Repository: SimpleMachines/SMF2.1 · Tag: v2.1-rc.4 · Commit: 0f375f1 · Released by: MissAllSunday

Fourth release candidate for SMF 2.1.

The term "release candidate" means that the developers believe this version of the software is reliable enough to be installed and used on production websites. Nevertheless, you should still expect to encounter some bugs in SMF 2.1 RC3. We encourage you to report any bugs you find.

This release has 2 assets:

Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)
Visit the release page to download them.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Jul 11, 2021, 10:51 AMI got a notice from git that you can now use it on a live forum.

Not sure what happened to your quoted message, can't see what was sent to you.  It did say the same thing on the release on GitHub, they have now changed it to save confusion. https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/releases/tag/v2.1-rc.4  ;)

Hatshepsut

Jul 16, 2021, 12:31 PM #5 Last Edit: Jul 16, 2021, 12:33 PM by Hatshepsut
QuoteNot sure what happened to your quoted message...

Size of quotes is determined in admin panel, click on 'Expand' link in quote title to see all text :)

Ronald

Waiting for the final to be release. Wonder if I'll be alive. How long did it take to get RC4 15 years? another 15 years to get the final.

I like SMF but getting pissed at the length of time it takes them, especially when other software's have updates all the time

Bigguy

It's going very well at GH actually. I have visited every day pretty much since it started. There has been a lot of progress so far toward a final release.

Neša

QuoteWaiting for the final to be release. Wonder if I'll be alive. How long did it take to get RC4 15 years? another 15 years to get the final.

I like SMF but getting pissed at the length of time it takes them, especially when other software's have updates all the time
I think it's been 7 years, still a long time but not that long for SMF. I think 1.x to 2.x was 6/7 years as well?

In GitHub they are at 64% for final.