QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

[Solved] Member Badges

Started by lesmond, Aug 04, 2021, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

I could be wrong, but wasn't we able to have members badges for each theme in SMF 2.0.+ I cant find this option in 2.1 :dontknow

by badges I mean these type...
You cannot view this attachment.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

No, I don't think so. There may have been a mod for this at one time though. :dontknow   Does anything happen if you dump the images into the theme folder you are wanting to use.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

QuoteDoes anything happen if you dump the images into the theme folder you are wanting to use.
tried that it doesnt work, even though it says so here....

QuoteYou can upload custom images to the forum's default theme directory to be able to select them here. Different images can be used in different themes, just give them the same name.

LandyVlad

Am I missing something - there are exactly such things here on this site. I can see ém !

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

He is talking about different member badges for each theme you have installed. Not different badges for each membergroup....maybe I am missing something, lol. That's how I took it.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Oh ok yeah that makes sense.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 04, 2021, 07:53 PMmaybe I am missing something, lol. That's how I took it.

Sorry I was never very good at explaining myself  :emb but your right BG  :rgton

lurkalot

Quote from: lesmond on Aug 04, 2021, 09:42 AMI could be wrong, but wasn't we able to have members badges for each theme in SMF 2.0.+ I cant find this option in 2.1 :dontknow

Works fine for me.  You need to add the image to the /images/membericons folder for each theme.

lesmond

I figured it out, the file extension have to be the same ie. admin.gif or admin.png, you cant have one .png and one .gif :emb

LandyVlad

I love the ones on this forum with the animations I presume they must be gif files, so those obviously work.

@Bigguy    I'd like something similar on my forum. Amy chance of those files? (in the original editable format)  What program?

Bigguy

I am not the one that made them. They were made for this site by a member. Look in the "Site Discussion" board. I think the thread is in there.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Aug 06, 2021, 02:39 AMI love the ones on this forum with the animations I presume they must be gif files, so those obviously work.
I made them  :rgton