QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

GDPR

Started by Ronald, Oct 09, 2021, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

SMF 2.1 RC4 why does the GDPR not install, I get a error message to make a change in the sources/manageRegistration.php

Says find: updateSettings(array('requireAgreement' => !empty($_POST['requireAgreement'])));
Says add after: // Start GPDR Helper

updateSettings(
array(
    'gpdr_last_agreementdate' => time(),

));

// END GPDR Helper

This is not found in the file? updateSettings(array('requireAgreement' => !empty($_POST['requireAgreement'])));

Attached is the file You cannot view this attachment.

Can someone locate that section in the file.

GDPR Settings are integrated in SMF 2.1 RC3 and RC4, you don't need to install third-party mod for this.

Hatshepsut

GDPR Settings are integrated in SMF 2.1 RC3 and RC4, you don't need to install third-party mod for this.

Ronald

Quote from: Hatshepsut on Oct 10, 2021, 03:40 AMGDPR Settings are integrated in SMF 2.1 RC3 and RC4, you don't need to install third-party mod for this.

Thanks. I never knew that, wonder how many others also.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 10, 2021, 07:17 AMThanks. I never knew that, wonder how many others also.

I would think most people would expect it to be standard in 2.1, especially as it's been built into 2.0 since 2.0.16 

Ronald

Quote from: lurkalot on Oct 10, 2021, 07:26 AMI would think most people would expect it to be standard in 2.1, especially as it's been built into 2.0 since 2.0.16 

I was looking for the Privacy Policy, when I found it, nothing but a blank box. Guess I need to add my own.

lurkalot

Yes you'll need to add the text yourself.  Do you have a copy of the one you were using previously, or one from another site which you could adapt to suite?

lesmond

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 10, 2021, 08:28 PMI was looking for the Privacy Policy, when I found it, nothing but a blank box. Guess I need to add my own.

Here is a copy of my Privacy Policy, formatted for BBC code, you will need to replace all instances of yoursite .com with the name of your forum/site URL, then copy/paste it into the blank box. :vcool

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Ronald

Thanks guy's, I copied and pasted the one from here, made the changes and set it in place.