QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

errors uninstalling a mod perplexing me.

Started by LandyVlad, Jun 02, 2020, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

This is in regard to the excellent 'SMF Post Prefix' mod.

The issue:
QuoteI've come across an issue where some members are unable to add a prefix in our for sale forum, but others are able to.

All members are 'no primary membergroup' and permissions are set up appropriately.
Some members who used to be able to add prefixes are now unable to do so when creating a thread.

I've made no changes to installed mods or anything like that - the ONLY change made to the forum since this mod was last fully working is the upgrade path through to 2.0.17 (from 2.0.15 & 16)

I checked and discovered I'm running version 2.0.3 of the mod and just noticed that the current version is 2.1.1 so that's clearly the best place to start - update and see if it resolves it.

(stupid package manager is inaccurate when it comes to saying if mod is latest version apparently).

So I went to uninstall the mod, so I could install the new version.
The following tests failed.

QuoteType Action Description
12. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test failed

1. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   2. Replace./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   3. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   4. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   5. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   6. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   7. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
   8. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test failed

Execute Modification ./Sources/Search.php Test failed

1. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   2. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   3. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   4. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test failed
   5. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   6. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   7. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful
   8. Replace ./Sources/Search.php Test successful

I'm at a loss as to what exactly I need to do to uninstall this mod properly (and retain data) so that I can install the latest version.

The errors seem to refer just to files and not to specific problems which would allow me to make manual edits.

I'd appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction as to how to resolve this 'uninstall' issue.  Cheers  :rgton

Oh and yes I've also asked in the official mod support thread.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=536401.msg4058734#msg4058734
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

LandyVlad

If I parse the mod install - looking at item 12 - the edits to Sources/Subs-Post.php there are 8 items in there.
Am I correct to assume the order of uninstall would be the same as the install - that is an error at number 8 would be the last change made as shown when parsing the install?
Namely -
QuoteFind: [Select]
$topicOptions['sticky_mode'] = isset($topicOptions['sticky_mode']) ? $topicOptions['sticky_mode'] : null;

// This is longer than it has to be, but makes it so we only set/change what we have to.
Replace With: [Select]
$topicOptions['sticky_mode'] = isset($topicOptions['sticky_mode']) ? $topicOptions['sticky_mode'] : null;
   $topicOptions['id_prefix'] = isset($topicOptions['id_prefix']) ? $topicOptions['id_prefix'] : null;

// This is longer than it has to be, but makes it so we only set/change what we have to.

in which case do I need to go to the file and see if I can find the code
$topicOptions['id_prefix'] = isset($topicOptions['id_prefix']) ? $topicOptions['id_prefix'] : null;

to see whether it may have been changed by some other mod?

As you can see I'm a bit confused.

Also because I'm at work at the moment (for next 8 hours) I can't access cpanel or the files at the moment.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

You need to click the little paper and pencil. It will tell you what needs to be replaced in the first part (Find:) and what to replace it with in the 2nd  part (Replace:).

You should also check to make sure that there is no duplicate code. This would only occur if you've installed the mod more than once. And remember, just because you've installed or uninstalled a mod and received no errors doesn't mean that it installed or uninstalled properly. You should always manually check to make sure the code is there or was removed or you'll have problems.

LandyVlad