QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Using the calendar

Started by LandyVlad, Feb 27, 2019, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

Firstly, it's great.

I can select 'post event', tell it to 'post in' a selected board (which creates a thread there) and it all just works ! :)

You cannot view this attachment.

I was wondering though if it's possible to
1. Change the 'post in' default. It defaults to the first board in the forum, I'd like it to default to meetups.
2. Can I restrict it by member group? (I'd like members to ONLY be able to post calendar events with a linked thread into the 'meetups' board)

Cheers
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

1. When you go to post an event in the calendar there should be a spot called "Post in" with a drop down. This is where you can tell it where to post. Alternatively there are settings for the calendar in the admin panel. You can tell it to:

Quote from: undefinedDefault board to post events in
2. There are permissions settings in there as well.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 27, 2019, 10:41 PM1. When you go to post an event in the calendar there should be a spot called "Post in" with a drop down. This is where you can tell it where to post.
Yep, knew that.

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 27, 2019, 10:41 PMAlternatively there are settings for the calendar in the admin panel. You can tell it to:
Default board to post events in

2. There are permissions settings in there as well.

So you can, thanks for that.
2. Thanks for that too.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

No problem. Just glad I could help. :)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin