QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Change background colour

Started by Ronald, Mar 24, 2020, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

You may not have uploaded it to the correct theme. Tell me EXACTLY what you did and are you using the RC2 version from the SMF site or Github?

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Mar 25, 2020, 08:49 AMYou may not have uploaded it to the correct theme. Tell me EXACTLY what you did and are you using the RC2 version from the SMF site or Github?

Using RC2 from SMF.

cPanel, public_html, themes, blue piece, css, upload index and override files to index.css, 100%

Do a refresh go back to forum, Profile, change theme, to Blue Piece. Skin over rides forum

Ronald

See Image You cannot view this attachment.

Skhilled

Ah! May be cause of EhPortal and/or other mods...

EDIT: When you add a theme AFTER adding mods you must add the code from those mods to that theme...

OR

Remove all mods then add the theme then reinstall the mods.

Remember, it is always easiest to install themes first then the mods.

BTW, did you try to install the Blue Piece theme from CZ to your site? If so, it will not work!

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Mar 25, 2020, 09:05 AMAh! May be cause of EhPortal and/or other mods...

EDIT: When you add a theme AFTER adding mods you must add the code from those mods to that theme...

OR

Remove all mods then add the theme then reinstall the mods.

Remember, it is always easiest to install themes first then the mods.

BTW, did you try to install the Blue Piece theme from CZ to your site? If so, it will not work!

I have to remove the mods, and reinstall them..

No i did a new theme from the acp..

Ronald

OK I removed all the mod's, because I only have 6 installed went quickly. Then I re installed the 6 mod's, did a refresh, and get the same thing.. So I disabled that theme skin for now..

Ronald

When checking both index.css files, they are different,  why?

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Mar 25, 2020, 08:44 AMI did all this, and the forum I am using went all funny

Did you turn off "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" ?  Admin > Configuration > Features and Options >> Minimize CSS and JavaScript files

If not it will be looking at that css file instead of the one you uploaded. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: lurkalot on Mar 25, 2020, 02:55 PMDid you turn off "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files" ?  Admin > Configuration > Features and Options >> Minimize CSS and JavaScript files

If not it will be looking at that css file instead of the one you uploaded. ;)

Thanks, I just put a check mark in the box. I re installed the index,css file, refreshed, got the same funny looking forum..

lurkalot

Quote from: Ronald on Mar 25, 2020, 05:18 PMThanks, I just put a check mark in the box. I re installed the index,css file, refreshed, got the same funny looking forum..

In that case this wasn't the issue, and you'll need to un-check that box again, at least until you get the theme working properly.  I didn't realise you already had this setting turned off, sorry.  ;)

lesmond

Ron are you using the index.css on smf 2.1RC2 ?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Ronald

Quote from: lesmond on Mar 26, 2020, 05:42 AMRon are you using the index.css on smf 2.1RC2 ?

Les..yes SMF 2.1 RC2

Skhilled

Well, something weird is going on but not sure what...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Mar 27, 2020, 08:31 PMWell, something weird is going on but not sure what...

You index and mine were different, put them side by side and your's had more at the top part of the page..

Skhilled

It should be different but not sure why it is causing you problems. Please post yours so I can try it.