QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

I have tried to upgrade my forum

Started by rafie, Dec 21, 2020, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafie

I have tried to upgrade my forum (i use a clone populated as a test copy), from 2.0.17 to 2.1RC3 with the large upgrade package provided by SMF, but nothing happened. I have a message saying that the archive is empty (the archive is 3,6 Mo and is not empty).
Any idea please?
Thanks

Skhilled

Please give specifics for what you did EXACTLY when you tried to upgrade it.

Also, were there any problems or errors on your test copy?

rafie

Thank you for the quick reply
- i have cloned my forum (SMF 2.0.17) an Db and place it on a test folder called "test" and verified that it works
- downloaded the archive "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade.zip" and extrat it to a folder called "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade" in the "Packages" folder of the test site.
- launched the URL: myforum.com/test/Packages/smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade/upgrade.php
And i have error 403 (see screenshot attached)

i have chmod all files and folders to 777

Any idea please?

rafie

Finally i found how to and upgraded my Forum Test Site to 2.1RC3.
I had just to copy files from "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade" folder to the root and execute upgrade.php file.
Thanks to all :)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year To the Team and members :) :)

LandyVlad

you in your case you mean 'copy' into the test folder?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

rafie

Quote from: LandyVlad on Dec 22, 2020, 11:52 PMyou in your case you mean 'copy' into the test folder?
Yes of course, i'm just testing un debugging before i install it on production Site ;) :)

Skhilled

Quote from: rafie on Dec 22, 2020, 05:38 PM- downloaded the archive "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade.zip" and extrat it to a folder called "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade" in the "Packages" folder of the test site.

Finally i found how to and upgraded my Forum Test Site to 2.1RC3.
I had just to copy files from "smf_2-1-rc3_upgrade" folder to the root and execute upgrade.php file.
Thanks to all :)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year To the Team and members :) :)
I thought that may have been what happened. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. Stay safe! :)