Site Update

Started by Bigguy, Jul 08, 2021, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Jul 08, 2021, 05:22 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2021, 03:31 PM by Bigguy
So we are now on SMF 2.1 RC4. I'll keep playin around here and checkin things out, but all looks good so far. Remember, if ya see any bugs post them in the appropriate board. Big shout out to all the Devs and everyone else for the this release. Thanks all. Seeya on the boards. :vcool

Bigguy

Some mods have been re-installed. TP and Best Answer so far. I have it enabled a quite a few boards. It should be available to all. I still have to go through Permissions yet just to see if all is ok but I will get to that. :chrs

Bigguy

Customization will come tomorrow at some point. For now all seems to be fine.

Skhilled

Sounds good, so far.

Bigguy

Tiny Portal has been updated to 2.0.1. More updates to come. I see there were a lot of merges at GH today. There could be another update coming real soon.

lurkalot

QuoteTiny Portal has been updated to 2.0.1. More updates to come. I see there were a lot of merges at GH today. There could be another update coming real soon.

If anyone's interested we need to get TP 2.1.0 out the door and released now that SMF 2.1 RC4 is out, this version contains fixes and some new features such as multiple shoutboxes.

What I'm asking is, we need more beta testers, so if anyone can help make this happen it would be much appreciated.  ;) If you don't have access to our beta board, just give one of us a nudge over at https://www.tinyportal.net/ and we'll sort it.  Thanks.

Below the changes made to the branch labeled 2.1.0
This includes the following updates and fixes:

Relevant to 2.0 and 2.1:

New functionality:
- Updated the shoutbox functionality to allow for multiple shoutboxes
- Added setting to recent topics blocks allowing the admin to set the title length per block
- Recent topics block updated to not show topics to guests when forum setting does not allow guests to browse the forum

Note:
when updating from TinyPortal versions older than 2.1.0, shoutbox blocks are enhanced with a new block setting: "Characters to display in titles".
Due to this change any pre-existing shoutbox blocks 'may' have a changed title length after installing the new version of TP. Please check any shoutbox blocks and adjust the block setting "Characters to display in titles" to the desired length...

Bugfixes:
- added missing Image for Myarticles
- fixed upshrinks not working
- fixed some string shortening issues
- updated script handling to prevent errors
- remove HR elements from menu's to prevent W3C errors
- removed UTF8 english language files from the package
- fixed shoutbox time offset error and removed Save button on category list
- fixed shoutbox to allow shouts over 300 characters
- fixed incorrect text strings article options
- fixes article Show Comments Error
- updated article comments page to toggle between new comments and all comments
- updated Panel grids to CSS grid
- fixed panel settings in category overruling global panel setting
- updated user block to work with SMF2.1 RC4
- fix for RSS feed giving 403 errors
- fixed RSS width block setting (not allowing to enter width unit)
- fixed IMG width in RSS block: max-width 100% instead of width 100%
- fixed issue "Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (cat)" when switching to Articles in Category block without saving block settings

Bigguy

I'll beta test on this site. :rgton

lurkalot

QuoteI'll beta test on this site. :rgton

Thanks, that would be great. :rgton   I'm running it on a couple of mine without issues. You have access to the beta board if I remember correctly, you can grab it from the first post. https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=36624.0

Important: Please uninstall your existing TP version before installing TP 2.1.0 and minimum php requirement is php 7.2

Bigguy

I think I have 7.2 running. I'll check. I don't have to uninstall the database changes when I install 2.1.0 do I :???

EDIT: 7.4 is what is running.

lurkalot

QuoteI think I have 7.2 running. I'll check. I don't have to uninstall the database changes when I install 2.1.0 do I :???

EDIT: 7.4 is what is running.

7.4 is good.  Just un-install TP in package manager (Don't check the box to remove data). Then install TP 2.1.0

Bigguy

SMFH is now running TP 2.1.0 Ima go play around a bit and refresh my memory. :chrs

Bigguy

Customization will be put off a bit. There have been a lot of things pushed into the final version so I will upgrade the site again before going forward with anything else.

LandyVlad

What things? Theme related things?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Bigguy

A lot of things, lol. Sorry for the wording. I should have said fixes or something else. Lots of changes have been made in GH since we updated this site.

Bigguy

I am attempting an update, but the upgrader will not run. So for right now, the site has new files and all but no update has been run. I will be here til I get it. A issue has been reported to GH.