QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Button font size

Started by Noble, Today at 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble

SMF 2.1.4, how do I change the button Font Size.  Ex. Button new topic,new poll,mark read,no Went to make the font larger.

I beleive it is in the default skin/css/index.css, just can't find the location, guess I have no clue what I am looking for.

Noble

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   You cannot view this attachment. smf 2.1.4 Went to make the font larger.

I beleive it is in the default skin/css/index.css, just can't find the location, guess I have no clue what I am looking for.

Skhilled

Hi, Noble and welcome to SMFH. :)

I think the code you are looking for is this but you'll want to backup your your file first:

/* Styles for the standard button lists.
------------------------------------------------------- */
.buttonlist, .buttonrow, .pagelinks {
z-index: 100;
padding: 5px 0 5px 0;
}

You'll want to change it to this:

.buttonlist, .pagelinks {
}
.buttonrow {
        font-size:12px;
}

Basically, you'll want to change the 'font-size' number to something you like. :)

Noble

Quote from: Skhilled on Today at 07:44 PMHi, Noble and welcome to SMFH. :)

I think the code you are looking for is this but you'll want to backup your your file first:

.buttonlist, .buttonrow, .pagelinks {
}

You'll want to change it to this:

.buttonlist, .pagelinks {
}
.buttonrow {
        font-size:12px;
}

Basically, you'll want to change the 'font-size' number to something you like. :)

Thank you  :rgton  :rgton  :rgton

Skhilled

If it doesn't work let me know and we'll try something else.

EDIT: Btw, you should never edit the default theme directly. You should create a copy and name (the new copy) something else. When there are upgrades to SMF or your mods look for a specific code it will fail if the default has been changed.

Noble

Quote from: Skhilled on Today at 07:54 PMIf it doesn't work let me know and we'll try something else.

EDIT: Btw, you should never edit the default theme directly. You should create a copy and name (the new copy) something else. When there are upgrades to SMF or your mods look for a specific code it will fail if the default has been changed.

I found it in the skins/css/index.css section.

.button, .quickbuttons > li > a, .inline_mod_check {
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 0 8px;
    color: #444;
    font-size: 0.9rem; Change 0.7 to 0.9
    line-height: 2em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    cursor: pointer;
    min-height: calc(2em + 2em * (0.9 - 0.85)); /* "input" font size minus ".button" font size */
    border: 1px solid;
    border-color: #ddd #bbb #aaa #ddd;
    border-radius: 3px;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(221, 221, 221, 0.57);
    box-sizing: border-box;
    vertical-align: middle;

Skhilled

Oh! I could not see your screenshots and thought you were talking about something else. LOL I'm glad you've found it. :)

But, you chould look around to make sure that it didn't change anything else that you did not want it to. The reason is that there are 3 coding places in there. 'button' is all over the place. So, you'll want to see if any other buttons that you did not want to changed were also changed.

Noble

Quote from: Skhilled on Today at 08:12 PMOh! I could not see your screenshots and thought you were talking about something else. LOL I'm glad you've found it. :)

But, you chould look around to make sure that it didn't change anything else that you did not want it to. The reason is that there are 3 coding places in there. 'button' is all over the place. So, you'll want to see if any other buttons that you did not want to changed were also changed.

Ok I will try to check everything. thank you

Skhilled

No problem. If your site is not private. Post or send me the link so I can look around to see if it has affected anything else.

Noble

Quote from: Skhilled on Today at 08:18 PMNo problem. If your site is not private. Post or send me the link so I can look around to see if it has affected anything else.

I finished the simulation before putting it on the website.

Thank you for your help, once it's done I will recommend my website.

Skhilled

If you need more help, just ask. :)

Noble

Move Recent Forum Topics on Board Index

How to set and edit?

I want it like in the picture.

Thank you in advance.

You cannot view this attachment.

Skhilled

I believe that is a TinyPortal block.

Skhilled

You can create one using Tinyportal. There is a block installed with it. All you need to do is enable it. If you don't have Tinyportal, you can look at it here:

https://www.tinyportal.net/