QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Footer Edits

Started by Ronald, Feb 20, 2019, 02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

SMF 2.1 RC1 can someone explain how to add some text in the footer, like copyrights, etc.

Where do you edit?

Bigguy

Index.template.php is the file to edit. At work right now on my phone. I will have to tell you the rest later
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

In your index.template.php file, down near the bottom find this line:

// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.Under that you will see:

echo '
 <ul>
 <li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=help;sa=rules">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#header">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
Under that add a line like this:

<li class="copyright">', $txt['Aff'], '</li>
In your index.english.php file in the laguages folder of your theme you now have to put in a text string for the line you just made:

$txt['Aff'] = 'SMF Helper is in no way affiliated with Simple Machines.';You will see in the footer were that shows up. I hope this helps.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Got it. Put it in the index.template.php, shows up great in the footer.

But this is not in the files..

In your index.english.php file in the laguages folder of your theme you now have to put in a text string for the line you just made:

Code Select
$txt['Aff'] = 'SMF Helper is in no way affiliated with Simple Machines.';
You will see in the footer were that shows up. I hope this helps.

Bigguy

If you are using a custom theme than you will not have that index.english.php. Look in the default theme languages folder for it.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 20, 2019, 09:45 PMIf you are using a custom theme than you will not have that index.english.php. Look in the default theme languages folder for it.

I just put the same in the default skin in the index, template.php and it showed in the footer.

Now in the index.english.php what location does if go in, there are a lot of text in there.

Ronald

I did like you explained;$txt[;Aff'];'Text'; got some error on a white page. removed it and the white page left.

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Feb 20, 2019, 09:47 PMI just put the same in the default skin in the index, template.php and it showed in the footer.

Now in the index.english.php what location does if go in, there are a lot of text in there.
I usually just pick a blank space and put it there. Making sure I space things out a bit.

Quote from: Ronald on Feb 20, 2019, 09:58 PMI did like you explained;$txt[;Aff'];'Text'; got some error on a white page. removed it and the white page left.
What you have here is not what I put in the code.