QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Lenova

Started by Bigguy, Mar 03, 2019, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I have a Lenova motherboard here in a PC called Thinkcenter. No name on it though. No ram or anything in it just wondered how I would find the name of the board. Any ideas. :hwhat
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

I presume you mean Lenovo.
I've always found their systems to be really good.

crack it open and look ?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

I did crack it open. No markings inside. That's why I asked. :)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Thinkcenter is a generic name for their desktop PC's, like their 'thinkpads' are laptops.
That is, there were (and are) numerous iterations as far as I know.
So unfortunately the name in itself isn't any help.

Does the box have a model number anywhere? Check the back for stickers, also maybe on the PSU (but visible from the outside)

Was there nothing in the bios to tell you? Or are you completely unable to start it up?

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

It won't start. I went digging around in it for ram to add to my computer....that didn't work out to good as now instead of being up a gig of ram I am down a gig. (went from 5gb to 4) Don't ask how, not sure yet, lol. THan the computer wouldn't start as it would not initialize the usb. I have it back now but it was touch and go there for a bit. In my mind anyway. I hate when things don't go right when working on computers.

Anyway, all the motherboard says is Lenovo.

LandyVlad

Bigguy

Hey, thank you. I will check that out. Who knows maybe I can get the old bugger runnin again. ;)

live627

Quote from: Bigguy on Mar 04, 2019, 12:21 AMthat didn't work out to good as now instead of being up a gig of ram I am down a gig. (went from 5gb to 4) Don't ask how, not sure yet, lol.
It's a common problem with an easy fix. Just reseat the memory. :)

Bigguy

I reseated it a few times. I know have 7gb installed but the computer reads only 5gb. bios update I think.