QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Brand new build

Started by Bigguy, Dec 07, 2023, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

So, my last computer was not doin so well, lol. I had a bit of money burnin a hole in my pocket so I built one. Here are the specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5500
MSi B550 gaming Gen 3 motherboard
nVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb video card.
Cores: 6
Threads: 12
Ram 16 gb ddr4
Same hard drive
New case
Still have to get a ssd and a video card but for now for video I am runing a Nvidia geforce GT 730 with 4gb vram. Picture below.

"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Nice! I'm so jealous! I want to build a new one but might have to wait until I get my tax refund. LOL

Bigguy

I got a few more things to do but it's runnin good right now. :chrs
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Neša

Nice, dust shields are a pain to clean.
How do you like the performance upgrade? I went from a i7 2600k to a Ryzen 5 3600 I noticed a massive improvement in compiling software under Gentoo  ;D

Bigguy

Quote from: Neša on Dec 23, 2023, 03:40 AMNice, dust shields are a pain to clean.
Yeah, I'm not gonna like that to much, lol.

Quote from: Neša on Dec 23, 2023, 03:40 AMHow do you like the performance upgrade?
For gaming it's real nice. I find the desktop to be not much faster than before but I can see and like the more power I have now for sure. In games I went from 10fps to sometimes 200 fps and everywhere in between, lol.

Bigguy

Oh, btw, I got a new video card. I found it on FB market place. Now I am runnin a nVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb video card. it cost me 60 bucks, so that was a good deal for sure...I think. :)