QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Filezilla

Started by Ronald, Jul 05, 2019, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I am trying to install a smf forum for beast, but when I enter the FTP and open Filezilla, there is no public_html. How do I get this back in there.

Skhilled

What does the folder tree look like when you open login using filezilla? Show us a screenshot.

Ronald

Here you are Steve 4 images. His cpanel is a total mess.

1. You cannot view this attachment.

2. You cannot view this attachment.

3. You cannot view this attachment.

4. You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

It looks like you are already in public_html.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Think so, what I don't see is the database I made to install the forum into.. I myself like to see public_html directory

Ronald

He is headed over to Skhilled to get a new hosting package.

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Jul 06, 2019, 11:53 AMThink so, what I don't see is the database I made to install the forum into.. I myself like to see public_html directory
You shouldn't see the database in that view.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Ron, if you look in the setings for the "Stumps" account that was made you'll see something about "Remote directory". It is probably already set to start in /public_html. You might be able to change it "IF" the FTP account was not created to start in /public_html. If so, then you'll need to create another FTP account so it will start in root or somewhere above /public_html.

You need to go into "phpmyadmin" to see what's in the databases.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jul 08, 2019, 07:09 AMRon, if you look in the setings for the "Stumps" account that was made you'll see something about "Remote directory". It is probably already set to start in /public_html. You might be able to change it "IF" the FTP account was not created to start in /public_html. If so, then you'll need to create another FTP account so it will start in root or somewhere above /public_html.

You need to go into "phpmyadmin" to see what's in the databases.

I found out, I had to use the FTP for the server, it allows access to all the files, I was using mine and it doesn't have all the access..Anyway after all the work Bigguy and myself put into this he decides he doesn't want to go this way..

Bigguy

Well, we tried. If he needs more help you know were to come. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Jul 08, 2019, 08:47 AMWell, we tried. If he needs more help you know were to come. ;)

Like everyone who has helped him, quit.. I had to learn he can also..

His trouble is he is never on the dam forum, maybe once a day, takes a day or two to respond to a email or pm message.

Bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on Jul 08, 2019, 10:44 AMHis trouble is he is never on the dam forum
I understand that. I am guilty of that myself a few times here and there. I am always around though. :)