QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Upgrade problem RC2 to RC3

Started by LandyVlad, May 10, 2021, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I uploaded a fresh set of files (the upgrade pack, nightlies, from SimpleMachines forum)

link is
h ttps://gsx1400owners.org/test21forum 

I believe I'm supposed to simply type this into browser.
h ttps://gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/upgrade.php

But that does nothing.
I've tried several times and on one occasion it not only did nothing but at the same time seemed to have deleted that upgrade.php file !

Help appreciated.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lurkalot

Your test site isn't working at all for me, just getting a HTTP ERROR 500 page.

lesmond

You dont have a Settings.php file in there  :dontknow

its missing failed to open stream: No such file or directory
/home/xxxxxx/public_html/test21forum/Settings.php

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

Umm Ok I wonder where that went?

How do I get one in there.  Sorry for question just having a mushy brain lately way too busy at work.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 11, 2021, 08:32 PMUmm Ok I wonder where that went?

How do I get one in there.  Sorry for question just having a mushy brain lately way too busy at work.
best to start over because it will need the database settings in the file

LandyVlad

Sigh, that's a bugger. OK I'll do that.

In fact I want to have two test iterations.

1. Absolutely standard, as it comes.
That way I can make some videos about using it that can apply to anyone.

2. One for GSX1400 owners forum 2.1 for theme development, and subsequent use to make specific videos for use on the forum showing how to use certain mods and features (gallery, downloads, etc).

lurkalot

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 11, 2021, 08:32 PMUmm Ok I wonder where that went?

Is your Settings_bak.php file still in there?  If yes then grab a copy then rename it to Settings.php and use that.

lesmond

Quote from: lurkalot on May 13, 2021, 01:36 AMIs your Settings_bak.php file still in there?

I dont think either file is there :(

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 10, 2021, 08:20 PMI uploaded a fresh set of files (the upgrade pack, nightlies, from SimpleMachines forum)

I think I know what you did, you may have deleted everything in the forum folder including the settings php files, when you uploaded the upgrade pack :emb  :dontknow

Neša

I think you could download a new Settings.php, then run repair_settings.php and fill out all of the necessary things.

You can download repair_settings from https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?tools
You should be able to use the blank settings file from an install archive.

LandyVlad

Yeah I realised I deleted everything (idiot) 

I wanted to keep the database so users remain in it. (I didn't delete the DB)

When you say "the blank settings file from an install archive" not sure what you mean / where that is.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 17, 2021, 08:37 PMWhen you say "the blank settings file from an install archive" not sure what you mean / where that is.

Download a smf_2-1-rc3_install.zip from SMF Full Install https://download.simplemachines.org and extract the 2 files Settings.php and Settings_bak.php, upload both these to your test forum then run restore_settings. php from the url, and fill in the database details, including any other relevant info.

LandyVlad