QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Theme for GSX1400Owners.ORG for SMF 2.1

Started by LandyVlad, Feb 05, 2020, 02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I can't see the images in your above post no doubt due to work firewall rubbish.  Will check out later.
Cheers  :rgton
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

LandyVlad

haha ok I did manage to visit the site (despite firewall) and see the changes - looks fantastic mate !!!!!  :rgton
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

LandyVlad

Still loving this - so much that I am tempted to upgrade the live site to RC4.

Must... resist... ?

LandyVlad

@lesmond

some feedback from my forum admins -
Quotethe stickies don't immediately stand out as such - just a slight darker shade behind the thread isn't cutting it for me.

All I can think of is going another shade darker on the sticky background

I wonder if you have any more creative ideas for this?

see
https://gsx.lesmonds.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=770fb363442ad63136afd2a8554c0485&board=10.0
compare existing 2.0 theme
https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?board=10.0

Also the icons on the LHS - are they forum default or is there an image missing?

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jul 22, 2021, 07:57 PMAll I can think of is going another shade darker on the sticky background
Hows this look?

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jul 22, 2021, 07:57 PMAlso the icons on the LHS - are they forum default or is there an image missing?
Not sure what you mean? screen shot please :)

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

Hmm on the sticky issue maybe looks too dark but I've done a screenshot and will run it by them. Maybe you could change it to the orange of SMF 2.0.x and we'll see how that looks?

LandyVlad

As for the icons these are the ones I am talking about.

You cannot view this attachment.

LandyVlad

and lastly as per:

https://www.smfhelper.com/index.php?topic=904
and
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=578251

would you be kind enough to try 

The following is for default theme, obviously you'd navigate to he relevant directory for your theme:

In ./Themes/default/css/index.css
Find:
max-width: 1200px;Replace With:
max-width: 2300px;
and we'll see how it looks?

lesmond

QuoteHmm on the sticky issue maybe looks too dark but I've done a screenshot and will run it by them. Maybe you could change it to the orange of SMF 2.0.x and we'll see how that looks?

Change to an orange colour, there are 3 colours for sticky's 'sticky, sticky/locked and locked'

QuoteAs for the icons these are the ones I am talking about.
These are determined by the poster in posted messages... 'Message Icons'

Quoteand lastly as per:

In ./Themes/default/css/index.css
Find:
    max-width: 1200px;Replace With:
    max-width: 2300px;
and we'll see how it looks?

This will also affect the header image as there are 2 places that have to be changed..
Has you can see the header background will have to be changed to fit :dontknow

(https://tinypix.top/i/idjrb)

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jul 25, 2021, 07:28 PMAs for the icons these are the ones I am talking about.

You can add or change these in admin>Smileys and Message Icons>Message Icons, and the folder to store these is /Themes/your-theme/images/post/

LandyVlad

Thanks mate I cant see some of that from work (FIREWALL)  will have a look later.  :rgton

LandyVlad

OK cool here's the feedback

QuoteActually I quite like that orange for stickies - makes them stand out nicely.

Do we need different colour combinations though for stickies and stickies locked? Personally I'd have the same as per the orange.

Regards locked threads, I don't think we need a different colour combination, just leave as standard.

Quotethe latest iteration, the stickies colour is good.

lesmond

lesmond

Thought I would have a play with some member badges  :emb  :vcool

LandyVlad

Love that third one but maybe text needs a black outline / drop shadow to separate it from background more.