QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

frustrating host change

Started by LandyVlad, Jul 03, 2024, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I was with NetVirtue and they were bought by VentraIP.

After a little while with VentraIP I decide to get a reseller account but as they didn't have them (their subsidiary Synergy Wholesale did but expensive) I decided to go to Clickhost.

Have been very happy there.

Now Clickhost has been bought by VentraIP

They CLAIM there will be no price rise for 3 years but that's on normal plans no mention yet on what they intend to do with the reseller ones.

Thing is that likely VentraIP will now be the best hosting company in Australia - for most people's use cases.

Such a PITA.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Neša

I have some domains with VentraIP no hosting.
I would think that the price would drop a little? Clickhost currently use BinaryLane servers (we use the same provider), I would think that they would get a discount with the parent company when they move?

Depends on how tech savvy you are you could spin up a BinaryLane VPS and host your site there. I assume you have a cpanel reseller account?
https://www.binarylane.com.au/vps-hosting/cpanel-vps

LandyVlad

I ended up moving my reseller account to DreamIT on the recommendation of others and so far I think it's a good choice..
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.