QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Redesigning my theme

Started by live627, Mar 02, 2020, 05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

I had a nice post written up about this but accidentally hit the back button on my mouse so now you get a mess because I don't care to redo.

I'm making a theme out of my old one and wanted feedback on it. I'm hopping to achieve a minimal look without much perceived complexity.

https://mods.live627.com/index.php?board=29.0;theme=9

Heres' the old design for reference
https://mods.live627.com/index.php?board=29.0;theme=4

Attached are four screenshots. The message index now seems too busy.

The orange may be a bit off, though; might need changed.

Bigguy

Maybe change the text color. Other than that I personally like it. :rgton
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

live627

lesmond

Looks good to me, But I have always liked light themes, nothing wrong with text that I can see. :rgton

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Quote from: live627 on Mar 03, 2020, 02:54 AMChange the text color?
I don't know...it made sense when I said it. Now I can't think why, lol. Maybe something along the same lines but a different shade. Not sure what I was thinkin.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Personally, I agree about the orange text. one some pages like the boardindex it seem a tad hard to read. But, themes are a matter of personal taste so if you like it, keep it. :)

Otherwise, everything else looks good.

SychO

I personally prefer the old one, it might have too many background colors, but that's better than none at all imho, hard for the eye to tell the elements apart. A minimal design does have a minimal amount of background colors, but not none, and it usually focuses on small details like spacing out the elements and using slightly different text styles.

LandyVlad

That's a good point (I agree re the backgrounds issue) but reading the requests on the simplemachines forum there seems to be a demand for these type of themes.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.