QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Assign posts to different user ?

Started by LandyVlad, Mar 04, 2019, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I made a heap of posts on the drone forum, in my username. I'd like to create a new user and assign the posts to that username instead.

The catch is I don't want to assign ALL the posts of my user, just selected ones.

Any way of doing this?

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

A few at a time maybe. I have not looked at that option in the admin panel or even used it before. It shouldn't be to hard to do it that way though. :)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Hmm as per attached the only place I can find it, allows attribution of ALL posts from one user to another. Not selected posts.

Bugger !
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

I thought from there it was possible to do a bit at a time. I guess not. You will have to do all I guess. :dontknow
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

All ? hahaha no. I want quite a few to stay in the original username.

lesmond

I suppose it could be done via the db, how I am not sure, and I bet there is a sql command that could do it.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

I'd be scared to try mucking with the db

Bigguy

Playin with a database is actually not to bad. Just remember to take a backup of it before playin

LandyVlad

Any instructional stuff about all this?

Bigguy

I have never played with people's posts in the database, but, there must be a member id there that could be switched from post to post. I think. Not sure though. :dontknow

Skhilled

Yes, you would use the member id with the db but not sure how you'd do it concerning particular posts.

LandyVlad

Apparently Sesquipedalian has submitted a 2.1 compatible mod  "Post as Another Member" to do exactly what I need, just pending approval by the SMF team !

Skhilled