QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Admin Menu Questions - 2.1 RC2

Started by Skhilled, May 31, 2019, 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

The admin menu looks horrible, specifically, the Main and Forum buttons are much narrower than the rest. I can make them wider using: min-width. But when I do I can't seem to get the text centered. How should I do this?

Also, is there a way to separate the main and admin menus so they have their own styles?

https://skhilled.com/rc2/index.php

EDIT: I forgot to mention that because of their size (he Main and Forum buttons)  it throws the little triangles/arrows off. See the image:

You cannot view this attachment.

Ok, there is an attachment above but it's telling me that I can't see attachments on this board...

Ah! It doesn't let me see them in preview. After I save the post I can see it.

Skhilled

After playing around with it I've pretty much got it fixed. :)

I'd still like to know how to separate the main and admin menu code. some of the Crip Zone's themes have different styles for the main and admin menus. I could leave them looking the same but foresee some potential issues like with the Cleanwhite theme.

Bigguy

Is the code for the menu not in Subs.php ??? It shouldn't be to hard to move if it is. Move it to the top bar. ;)
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I don't need to move it. I just need to change the styles/look, if needed, separately from the main menu. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Bigguy

You çould always make the admin link in the main menu a popup window with links in it. Or am is that a dumb idea.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Might be an option to check out...

The thing is that in 2.0 smf you had the code so you can do the main and admin menus differently. This is not so or not very obvious in 2.1. Since i'm using this for the Crip Zone themes not everyone may want the admin links in a popup although that could still be an option.

Bigguy

I,'ll have to check the code out later when I go in to better understand.