QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Best free downloads option?

Started by LandyVlad, Feb 11, 2019, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

On my 20.015 forum I run Tiny Portal and also run SMFhacks download mod.

TP includes a downloads capability. I've played with it (on my 2.1 forum) and I might be a bit thick but I find it a bit hard to fathom compared with the SMF hacks version.

I'm wondering which people think is the 'best' (and easiest for users to understand')? And why.

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Oooh, I don't know. I have used both over the years and really by now don't find either hard. Personally I would like to stay with TP as it has a few things all in one that are nice to have. Downloads, articles and a portal. If I used the downloads mod than I would have to find all the other stuff with other mods. Which as far as I am concerned less is more.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Not really - can use TP for all the other functions (as I do) and SMF Downloads for just that facility.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

I haven't used TP lately but some time ago SMF Downloads had more features and I liked that one better. This isn't to say TP is bad. I just like SMF downloads better. But it is a matter of personal taste.

lurkalot

The downloads sys in TP is pretty powerful, it's also had a fair bit of work done to it over the last few versions. 

That said, yes it could do with being a bit more user friendly. But give it a good go, and you'll soon get used to it.  ;)