QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Not The Noobs traders forum

Started by nidec, Oct 13, 2019, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nidec

Hi.
Https://www.notthenoobs.com is my first attempt at a forum, as some of you are already aware from my many problems posted on smf.
I used to be a member of another forum on this subject, but over time a lot of the helpful members left and the forum is now dominated by a few big egos.
So, decided to try one of my own.

Bigguy

Nice clean lookin site you have there. :rgton  Welcome to the site btw. Glad to have ya aboard. :hdan
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

Site does look good.  8)  I see you're putting TinyPortal to good use. I hope it's behaving itself.  ;)

nidec

Thanks,  I went for 2.0.15 because of the available themes. Am I right thinking these wouldn't run on 2.1RC2?

nidec

Quote from: lurkalot on Oct 13, 2019, 10:17 AMSite does look good.  8)  I see you're putting TinyPortal to good use. I hope it's behaving itself.  ;)
So far, so good. Does it have issues?

lurkalot

Everything has issues in one way or another.  I will say the version you're using TP 1.6.3 has been superseded by TP 1.6.4 so might pay you to upgrade. https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?page=release-history

lurkalot

Quote from: nidec on Oct 13, 2019, 10:17 AMThanks,  I went for 2.0.15 because of the available themes. Am I right thinking these wouldn't run on 2.1RC2?

Sorry, didn't answer your question.  Themes made for SMF 2.0.15 will not work on 2.1RC2  TinyPortal will work on both.

lesmond

Nice clean looking site you have @nidec, @Skhilled is working on making some of Crips themes to work for 2.1 not sure if he has done CleanTek yet though

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

nidec

I've noticed that very often my first attempt to login gets an error message, so I have to retry.
Get the same issue when I login here as well.
Is it just me?

lesmond

Quote from: nidec on Oct 14, 2019, 09:31 AMI've noticed that very often my first attempt to login gets an error message, so I have to retry.
Get the same issue when I login here as well.
Is it just me?
I've not noticed that, whats the error message? can you take a screen shot?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

nidec

You cannot view this attachment.
And..
You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

I'm not sure why that is. It could be a bug in RC2. Some weird stuff happens on another site of mine but never here at all.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

That's because the theme needs the session check adding to it. https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14

Edit:  To be clear, I'm referring to the error on your notthenoobs site.  The error you see here I've never seen, but then I never log out.