QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Zoom & Webcam

Started by Ronald, Jun 16, 2020, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I have Zoom installed on my Desktop Computer. I am looking for a 'quality' webcam with a built in speaker, I also want some quality to this product, for good images.

I have looked at some, but all sold out, online.

I have a Zoom meeting possibly setup for the first week of July.

This meeting is due to a lawsuit we have going against a local hospital for negligence.

This meeting will be between my lawyer, myself, and a member of the hospital legal team.

Can't go to the lawyer's office, because he in in Southfield Michigan, and I am in Canada and of course the borders are closed to regular travelers.

Anyone had experience with webcams.

LandyVlad

I'm not aware of any with built in speakers at all.

webcam prices have gone stupid lately with people profiteering during this covid thing.

Do you have a smart phone?
That'd be the easiest (and cheapest if you have one) option I think. I know Zoom is available for android phones. Unsure about Apple.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

I haven't heard of one either. Some do have builtin mics. If you have a tablet you can use that as well.

Skhilled

I just found this because of an email I received. I've bought a ton of PC parts to build my PC's from this place for over 20 years. It's actually a security cam but you can update its firmware to be a webcam. ;)

https://www.microcenter.com/product/623767/wyze-labs-wyze-cam-v2-webcam-bundle

Ronald

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jun 17, 2020, 12:20 AMI'm not aware of any with built in speakers at all.

webcam prices have gone stupid lately with people profiteering during this covid thing.

Do you have a smart phone?
That'd be the easiest (and cheapest if you have one) option I think. I know Zoom is available for android phones. Unsure about Apple.

Nope, I have a Samsung Galaxy dumb phone, I think its a 6 model

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 17, 2020, 08:02 AMI just found this because of an email I received. I've bought a ton of PC parts to build my PC's from this place for over 20 years. It's actually a security cam but you can update its firmware to be a webcam. ;)

https://www.microcenter.com/product/623767/wyze-labs-wyze-cam-v2-webcam-bundle

Thanks Steve, The meeting has been canceled for now. They wish to meet in person at the lawyers office.

Can't make any plans, because the Canada/USA borders are closed until July 21st.