QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

AHem, lesmond, wanna play again?

Started by LandyVlad, May 12, 2019, 08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: lesmond on May 26, 2019, 07:57 AMI think I fixed the header width and footer, I dont have IE11 to check though. Oh yes I do :emb  looks ok now  :rgton

:rgton  Looks great Les. 

LandyVlad

Yes I did like the transparency but I agree its a bit fussier on that theme with a complex background, as opposed to how good it looks here on SMFH with a simpler background.

In any event it looks perfectly fine w/out the transparency so I'm happy with that. Thanks

There is a problem with the top bar still. While it is stick in place, when you scroll down the forum OVERLAYS that bar, rather than rolling under it. That is, that bar should stay on top. Compare how it is on there with how it is here on SMFH and you'll see what I mean. (see attached, labelled 1)

And there is a blue line / gradient underneath that which partially covers the forum proper (and header image). which needs to go.  (see attached, labelled 2) I suspect that may have appeared with the change to the header so maybe fixing one will solve the other?

You cannot view this attachment.

Lastly I then need to know how to go about doing some custom icons for each board etc but that can wait until the theme itself is sorted (nearly there too!)

@lesmond as always thanks HEAPS mate.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 26, 2019, 08:06 PMThere is a problem with the top bar still. While it is stick in place, when you scroll down the forum OVERLAYS that bar, rather than rolling under it. That is, that bar should stay on top. Compare how it is on there with how it is here on SMFH and you'll see what I mean. (see attached, labelled 1)

That is a problem with IE11 it dosent like hex transparency, So I have changed that to use opacity instead, which works on all browsers.

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 26, 2019, 08:06 PMAnd there is a blue line / gradient underneath that which partially covers the forum proper (and header image). which needs to go.  (see attached, labelled 2) I suspect that may have appeared with the change to the header so maybe fixing one will solve the other?

I only just noticed that..  :emb  its gone now.

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 26, 2019, 08:06 PMLastly I then need to know how to go about doing some custom icons for each board etc but that can wait until the theme itself is sorted (nearly there too!)

BG did post how to do that somewhere, I know its not an easy task, quite a bit of work involved in the index.css file.

Made some changes and added the custom icons, maybe not the ones you would use, but you get the idea :)

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

@lesmond that's looking great. Thanks!  :rgton

One tiny thing.. where it states "Welcome, Guest. Please login." that font colour doesn't seem to have sufficient contrast with the green background? is it possible to do anything about that?

From what you have with the icons you put in would it be pretty straight forward for me to change one or two to different icons?

If / when those can be sorted, could you post the theme file please so I can install it on the live site and give it a go?   :peace

P.S. I'll just repost the link so I don't have to keep scrolling back :)

https://host-for.com/smf2/index.php
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 28, 2019, 07:45 PMFrom what you have with the icons you put in would it be pretty straight forward for me to change one or two to different icons?

You will find the icons in this folder /Comics/images/boardicons it would be best to try and keep any you change to the same size, if you change any of the file names then they must also be changed in index.css file. under the section /* custom board icons */

Quote from: LandyVlad on May 28, 2019, 07:45 PM"Welcome, Guest. Please login." that font colour
Changed to #000 (black)

The header image can be change and named anything, but try and keep the dimensions the same 1200x200, they are in the folder header. 

I cant upload the theme zip here its too big, so I'll pm the link to download.

lesmond

I noticed you Have not used this theme yet @LandyVlad ?

LandyVlad

Yeah mate I've been flat out. Keep forgetting to download it and upload it to the site at home. And I can't access the link you PM'ed me from my work in my breaks (seems dropbox and some similar sites are all blocked"

It frustrates me every time I get to work and think "D'oh!"

Will download it this weekend and get it up and running mate.  :vcool  :rgton

LandyVlad

Les I've installed the theme  https://commandocomics.org/index.php    :rgton

however one thing that has happened is that the board icons are all messed up - presumably because the board numbers are different on my setup (more boards).

How would I go about fixing that please?

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jun 08, 2019, 03:45 AMHow would I go about fixing that please?

First off go to Administration Center ►  Features and Options ►  General. and un-check "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files"

After you have done in index.css find /* custom board icons */ and look at ...
    #board_5, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/anno.png) no-repeat;

Where you see #board_5 that represents each board, you need to change the number to represent the board #
for instance, the "The Briefing Room" is board=10.0 so you would replace the number _5 for that. so ie, replace with a 10 and not 10.0 and find the correct image for that would be brief.png

so yours would look like this, for that icon/board
    #board_10, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/brief.png) no-repeat;

LandyVlad

Thanks, when I can get back on the computer at home I'll sort that out :)

Can you explain to me what this does please
QuoteFirst off go to Administration Center ►  Features and Options ►  General. and un-check "Minimize CSS and JavaScript files"

and whether I need to re-check it one completed.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jun 09, 2019, 06:23 PMCan you explain to me what this does please
and whether I need to re-check it one completed.

I normally leave it off, but I dont really have a main site, most mine are for testing/themes.

Maybe someone else can tell you different.

lurkalot

Yes when done editing it would be advisable to turn it back on. It will then minify your css with the changes. Apparently good for site optimisation.

LandyVlad

OK so just so I have a ready reference it seems that

Announcements = Board 2
Forum Guides = 3
Report Problems here = 4
The Test Zone = 5
Recycle Bin (Removed Topics)= 6
The Spa: Moderator Chat = 7
Introductions = 8
The Officers' Mess = 1
  Your Art and Writing = 23
  Funnies = 9
The Briefing Room = 10
Commando Comics = 11
War Picture Library = 14
Air Ace Picture Library = 13
Battle Picture Library = 12
Battle Picture Weekly = 22
Battler Britton Picture Library = 15
AUS: For Sale, Wanted, Swap. = 18
Everywhere else: For Sale, Wanted, Swap. = 19

Subscribe to Commando Comics = 21
Tally Ho Chap = 20

lesmond

In your index.css replace all this with the existing code.

I have entered the correct board number for your forum.
/* custom board icons */
    #board_2, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/anno.png) no-repeat;
background-size: 55px;
    background-position: left;
    background-color: white;
}
#board_3, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/tips.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_4, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/Problem.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_5, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/test.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_8, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/intros.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_1, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/mess.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_10, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/brief.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_18, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/aus.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_19, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/world.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_11, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/command.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_21, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/subs.png) no-repeat;
}
#board_20, #board_icon {
background: url(../images/boardicons/tally.png) no-repeat;
/* custom board icons end */

LandyVlad

Cool well I seem to be getting the hang of this :)

edit: Oh just saw that you posted all the code while I was doing it myself ! Sorry you went to the effort mate :) But very much appreciated !