QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

SMF 2.1 RC2 Quick Reply

Started by Ronald, Feb 18, 2020, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Is there a way of possibly removing the Quick Reply. The thing is useless, doesn't have the same values as the regular reply..

LandyVlad

same values? Do you mean it doesn't have the same features? That's deliberate as its supposed to be exactly that. Quick.
I think the 'quick reply' is too feature rich - should be plain text only.

Yes you can turn it off, but at the moment I can't check where.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

LandyVlad

Oh wait I stand corrected.

For some inexplicable reason they've removed the option to disable quick reply. Why on earth they would do that I've no idea.

Illori says
Quotea good few options that are in 2.0 were removed in 2.1 to make it easier to support. this was one of them
which sound sstupid to me.

Anyway it can be done via code edits, see:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571853.msg4046594#msg4046594

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Ronald

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 18, 2020, 08:06 PMOh wait I stand corrected.

For some inexplicable reason they've removed the option to disable quick reply. Why on earth they would do that I've no idea.

Illori says which sound sstupid to me.

Anyway it can be done via code edits, see:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=571853.msg4046594#msg4046594

Thanks for the link. Made the edits, Quick Reply is now history.

LandyVlad

No worries mate. Hopefully that fix will work all the way through to RC3 and the final version.

I still can't believe there's not a 'disable quick reply" checkbox.

I wonder what else is sneakily missing from 2.1 we have yet to discover...

Ronald

I now found out after disabling the Quick Reply, the Quick Edit will also stop working..

LandyVlad

Hmm well that I'm unsure of. Perhaps go to the thread i linked and see if anyone else has reported the same issue there.

I CAN understand why you would want quick edit even though you don't want quick reply; but perhaps others haven't considered that possibility.

live627

I guess there's a Javascript error somewhere.

Ronald

Quote from: live627 on Feb 22, 2020, 12:42 AMI guess there's a Javascript error somewhere.

only code changes were added //