QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

trying SMF 2.0.15 theme

Started by lesmond, Feb 22, 2019, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Been trying my hand at a SMF 2.0.15 theme, they are a lot harder than 2.1 :emb

heres what I have so far. it is just an curve variation.
You cannot view this attachment.

Demo here
https://host-for.top/smf/index.php

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

lurkalot

Quote from: lesmond on Feb 22, 2019, 04:07 PMBeen trying my hand at a SMF 2.0.15 theme, they are a lot harder than 2.1 :emb

Totally agree Les, they are much harder.  I really hate the use of that main_block image, to me it's so difficult to work out what part of it does what. I tried years ago to make my own, and vowed never to try again. lol..

After playing with the 2.1 themes I now have hope that I can achieve something usable.

Your theme. You did good there mate.  :rgton   

Skhilled

LandyVlad

Looks great Les.
So it's easier to make themes in 2.1? Well, that's useful progress then !!!
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

Yes, for me it is easier. It first I wasn't too sure but most edits can be done with css instead of both html/php files and css files.

live627

Quote from: LandyVlad on Feb 23, 2019, 10:10 PMSo it's easier to make themes in 2.1? Well, that's useful progress then !!!
don't look on The Admin Zone, people say the opposite there.

Bigguy

A lot easier as far as I am concerned.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 24, 2019, 12:34 AMA lot easier as far as I am concerned.

Ditto.   

Although for me it's really a recolour job than actually making a theme. But yes finding I can do things with 2.1 themes that I couldn't with 2.0  Getting rid of that bloody main_block image was the best thing they could have done.

live627

Maybe I should share my CSS changes that make my theme mobile friendly.

lesmond

Skhilled

Agreed! I'm all for easy. Easy coding, easy women...

Ronald

Quote from: lesmond on Feb 22, 2019, 04:07 PMBeen trying my hand at a SMF 2.0.15 theme, they are a lot harder than 2.1 :emb

heres what I have so far. it is just an curve variation.
You cannot view this attachment.

Demo here
https://host-for.top/smf/index.php

Les did you ever finish this one Coffee, if so can I have a copy of it, I'd like to run it on my forum coffeetimeunlimited

lesmond

I didn't finish it, I wasn't happy with it, sorry :(

Ronald

Quote from: lesmond on Mar 10, 2019, 01:18 PMI didn't finish it, I wasn't happy with it, sorry :(

Any chance of you finishing it..I like the 2.1 coffee skin, I think the 2.0.15 coffee skin would look great also.

lesmond

Here you go Ron :emb