QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

New Email Server

Started by Skhilled, Mar 17, 2020, 08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

It is Mail In A Box: https://mailinabox.email/

I created a VPS so I can have my own email server and not rely on the free services like gmail, yahoo, etc. that only give it to you for free to steal your info. I have full control and no one can read my emails except me!  8)

I've change it here and on on other sites. Will change it on all sites except for sites that I need for google for hosting.

Bigguy

Looks like a good idea. I don't think I want another server though.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I've always wanted a separate email server to mostly stop being tracked so much. This one is a "all-in-one" software that sets everything up with 2 commands! It does take quite awhile to install because it installs all of the mail software for you but works well!

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Mar 17, 2020, 08:07 AMIt is Mail In A Box: https://mailinabox.email/

I created a VPS so I can have my own email server and not rely on the free services like gmail, yahoo, etc. that only give it to you for free to steal your info. I have full control and no one can read my emails except me!  8)

I've change it here and on on other sites. Will change it on all sites except for sites that I need for google for hosting.

Great idea, can you explain on how to set one up, I may be interested in doing this myself..

Skhilled

Skhilled

It does work very well now. I'm very happy with it! You can use multiple domains with it unlike a shared cPanel account. For instance I have have the following domains in it...or as many as I'd like:

steve@blahblah.com
steve@emaildonkey.com
skhilled@whatever.com

It also have an admin so I can setup accounts and users for others. I've changed it on many of the sites, forums, blogs, etc. that I use and am registered to. The only thing you really need is a clean VPS or dedicated server that you can create a separate VPS on it for it.