QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

What are your computer specs?

Started by LandyVlad, Dec 13, 2020, 11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

If they are not REAL adventure games then why would you want them? LMAO

I remember the original The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when it was released. I loved that game. :) I think I may have a copy on floppy somewhere...

Dave

Quote from: LandyVlad on Jan 12, 2023, 10:36 PMYou should play REAL adventure games from Infocom like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and especially Leather Goddesses of Phobos  :D 

Having said that - anywhere I can get Myst and Riven for free?

I'll have a look around ;)
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Bigguy

If your on steam, try Valheim :rgton
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

I just made a sneaky purchase at a computer store online (have to go pick up tomorrow other side of the city).
Upgrading CPU and cooler, also got another ssd. I'll post revised specs in next few days, with luck.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Dave

I had to reset mine as I tweaked it just a little to far .

I get a PC mag every 2 weeks and in it last time they showed how to get rid of some of the stuff in the context menu that had been put there by programs installed over the 2 years. They suggested downloading a program for a site which I duly did, it ran without install and so off I went. Got rid of a lot of dross I didn't need and then went back and it still was still not small enough.

I then started to experiment and when I was happy with the context menu restarted the PC again and all was OK, until I looked at the desktop and noticed that some of my short cuts to the likes of Notepad and some other Windows programs had a different icon, upon clicking the icon a I got a pop up that said the parameters of the item I was after was not working.

After further tweaking and messing around trying to re-install Windows without success it came to the point where no matter what I did the PC would not boot. So I had to use a boot flash drive to restart and reset the whole system.

Where luck would have it I did a clone of the M.2 drive on to an external only a couple of days before so I had all my documents and photos etc.

I have a few NAS drives that I backup all the programs, music and other stuff I've bought over the years, but I've now gone a step further.

I have now added another 1TB SSD inside the machine, this now takes the total storage inside the machine to 3 TB, and I have cloned the system partition on to it. I have tested that it will boot from it by removing the M.2 and it does boot.

After about 6 days or so I'm now back to a machine I'm happy with.

If you got this far reading this then well done and thank you 
If you want play quizzes or games click below

LandyVlad

Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh C Performance
Mobo: Gigabyte x570 aorus master mobo
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
RAM: 64GB DDR4:
  (2x16G) G.Skill 3200Mhz Ripjaws V RAM PN F4-3200C16D-32GVK
  (2x16G) G.Skill 3200Mhz Aegis F4-3200C16D-32GIS
GPU: Asus Strix 3090 OC 24GB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
SSD1: 2TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe M.2 SSD
SSD2: 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe MZ-V7S2T0BW
SSD3: 2TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe M.2 SSD
CPU cooler: Noctua DH-15S chromax black cooler
Case fan: 2x140mm front, 1 x 120mm rear
Monitor: LG C2 OLED 42"
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.