QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Footer text - centre and add content

Started by LandyVlad, May 12, 2019, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

How does one

1. Centre the footer text?
2. Add test eg "SMFH is not affiliated with SM"

Ta.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

That's all here somewhere. Gettin a bit late where I am right now. @SychO I think pointed out how to do the centering. People say I did the "not affiliated" statement wrong but it should be posted here somewhere as well, along with a different way to do it than what I did I think.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

LandyVlad

Indeed I thought it was on here somewhere too, but finding the "somewhere" is where I've so far failed... :)
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

LandyVlad

@lesmond as you've accomplished this in the theme file/s you've made perhaps you can advise how it's done?

lesmond

In index.template.php in the theme folder.

Code (Find) Select
// Show the footer with copyright, terms and help links.
echo '
<div id="footer">
<div class="inner_wrap">';

Code (Change To) Select
// Show the footer with copyright, terms and help links.
echo '
<div id="footer">
<div class="centertext">';

and below remove the class="floatright"
Code (Find) Select
// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
echo '
<ul>
<li class="floatright">

Code (Change To) Select
// There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
echo '
<ul>
<li>

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

lesmond

I forgot to add, to add the extra text in index.template.php

find.
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
and add your extra lines below, like so..
Code (Add after) Select
<li><span>Your text here.</span></li>
<li><span>Your text here. Your text here.</span></li>

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

I just did a search and could not find it either. SychO, I believe was the one that posted the changes for the footer. It is here though somewhere.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

SychO

Quote from: Bigguy on May 14, 2019, 05:47 AMI just did a search and could not find it either. SychO, I believe was the one that posted the changes for the footer. It is here though somewhere.

No what I posted was for the top section, not the footer (as far as I remember)

Bigguy

Quote from: SychO on May 14, 2019, 08:24 AMNo what I posted was for the top section, not the footer (as far as I remember)
Oh...than who's idea was the footer....

Bigguy

lurkalot

Got to admit, the more I look at this, I still prefer the original 2.1 footer style.  But I realise this is down to personal preference.  I can live with it, just wouldn't do it myself.  ;)

Bigguy

TBH, I don't mind it. If there was less in it it would look better but whatdya gonna do. :)

LandyVlad

Thank you.

OK how about a variation - leaving the normal footer text/links in place, but adding a new line above that (ie at top of footer) so a key message can be inserted and with a larger / bolder text format.

eg "SMFH is not affiliated with SM."

Bigguy

I think it would still look like part of the footer.

LandyVlad

Part of the footer is fine.
Even in font or size can't be altered can  a portion of the footer (eg the additional / customs text) be set to 'bold' ?