QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Help needed please lesmond

Started by LandyVlad, Aug 27, 2023, 09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

I am getting the following error, every time I click a page or post or whatever. Basically any action whereby a page is refreshed. (including using the refresh in the browser bar)

Today at 12:23 PM
 VladTepes
 3033c96bc2202f1dfcfa5d12e837ea0e
 https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
 /home/gsxowner/public_html/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (Line 282)  Backtrace information

Type of error: Undefined
Error messageSelect
2: Undefined array key "label"

I posted on the main simple machines forum but it occurred to me that I have gsx2 theme (that you wrote me)  set as the default theme so it might be something to do with that?

Appreciate your guidance / fix?
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Bigguy

Seems to be an undefined label somewhere I think.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

Quote from: LandyVlad on Aug 27, 2023, 09:33 PM2: Undefined array key "label"

That error will stop if you uninstall Stop Forum Spam v1.4  I had the same thing and had to roll it back to v1.3 to make it stop.  Not that it's doing any harm, it's just annoying.

shawnb61

The "label" issue is a known issue.

The messages are harmless & can be ignored for now.

Fix coming in 2.1.5.

For more info:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7559
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/pull/7733

shawnb61

FYI: This might be somehow indirectly related to SFS, but it is not tied to SFS 1.4.

I'm running 1.3 - and logged the issue before 1.4 ever came out.

As explained in the issue linked above, it's tied to permissions.  It happens for global moderators who do not have certain admin permissions.

lurkalot

Quote from: shawnb61 on Aug 28, 2023, 08:06 AMFYI: This might be somehow indirectly related to SFS, but it is not tied to SFS 1.4.

I'm running 1.3 - and logged the issue before 1.4 ever came out.

As explained in the issue linked above, it's tied to permissions.  It happens for global moderators who do not have certain admin permissions.

Shawn I agree it might not be directly related to SFS but I never got that error message until I updated SFS v1.3 to v1.4 and only way for me to stop it was to roll it back to v1.3 This was throwing errors with me as Admin like it does on Landy's site. Clicking back and forth from admin to error log throws the error every time.  My own site doesn't have any moderators global or otherwise either.

Landy's site it also runs SFP v1.4 and uninstalling it stops the error, I tried it.

LandyVlad

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Sorry only just seen this, looks like its sorted  :emb

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

LandyVlad

@lurkalot do you have a copy of version 1.3 so I can try a roll back and see if that has any effect?

edit" Disregard. :)

LandyVlad

Quote from: shawnb61 on Aug 28, 2023, 07:50 AMThe "label" issue is a known issue.

The messages are harmless & can be ignored for now.

Fix coming in 2.1.5.

Thanks - what's the % completion for 2.1.5 showing at?