QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Blank page

Started by Ronald, May 28, 2019, 06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

You cannot view this attachment.

This just started a few days ago. I have had members tell me about this. But as Admin. it doesn't happen to me, so I signed in as a member and sure enough, I click on a forum and I get a blank page, I click on the right side topic and it opens..

I also find out if I click on the main forum, it'll open, then I can open the other Topics

Anyone have any ideas..  https://coffeetimeunlimited.com/index.php

Doesn't do it as a guess browsing, opens them all.

Ronald

Quote from: Ronald on May 28, 2019, 06:20 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

This just started a few days ago. I have had members tell me about this. But as Admin. it doesn't happen to me, so I signed in as a member and sure enough, I click on a forum and I get a blank page, I click on the right side topic and it opens..

I also find out if I click on the main forum, it'll open, then I can open the other Topics

Anyone have any ideas..  https://coffeetimeunlimited.com/index.php

Doesn't do it as a guess browsing, opens them all.

OK I believe I have the problem solved, removed this modification: List Of Users In Forum/Board/Topic  3.2   and tried as a member and I could open all forums..

Oldiesmann

Blank page generally means a PHP error of some sort. Check your server logs for further details.
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Ronald

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 28, 2019, 11:46 PMBlank page generally means a PHP error of some sort. Check your server logs for further details.

Logs are all gone from the forum.. Errors are not coming anymore either..Funny never got erros installing this mod, or removing it..

Bigguy

Did you check the error log in cpanel for any additional information.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Sounds more like a permissions issue to me.

To follow up on what @Oldiesmann said, what PHP version are you using and have you tried to switch PHP versions to see if that helps?

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 31, 2019, 02:46 PMSounds more like a permissions issue to me.

To follow up on what @Oldiesmann said, what PHP version are you using and have you tried to switch PHP versions to see if that helps?

Went away and everything worked after removing a Mod. PHP is 5.6

In cPanel can't find any logs

Bigguy

Under the title "Metrics" there is a spot that goes to "Errors".
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Quote from: Skhilled on May 30, 2019, 07:37 PMActually, 7.1 will be EOL before the end of the year. 5.6 and earlier versions have security flaws and should not be used. Hackers always exploit older versions of software which is why you should upgrade as soon as you can. A lot of people don't upgrade for fear of losing their fav mods, etc. or screwing something up.

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

However, if you use cPanel/WHM you should be able to switch on the fly to see how well your software works without losing anything.
You should switch to php 7.1 at least. Try it and see if everything works ok. If it doesn't you can always switch back no problem.

Ronald

PHP is now 7.1 seems ok so far..

Bigguy I don't see any errors in there.

Oldiesmann

Is there an "error_log" file in your forum directory? If so there should be info there as well (unless you've deleted that file since the last time you had white screen issues).
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Ronald

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 31, 2019, 08:35 PMIs there an "error_log" file in your forum directory? If so there should be info there as well (unless you've deleted that file since the last time you had white screen issues).
Files are gone.. The error of the blank page went away after removing the "List Of Users In Forum/Board/Topic    3.2 " modification..

Skhilled

Personally, I don't see a reason to install mods just yet cause the SMF code will keep changing and the mod coder may or may not make the appropriate changes or may even give up on it before 2.1 goes live. Other than just testing to so how things work...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Jun 01, 2019, 09:14 AMPersonally, I don't see a reason to install mods just yet cause the SMF code will keep changing and the mod coder may or may not make the appropriate changes or may even give up on it before 2.1 goes live. Other than just testing to so how things work...

The codders have made changes for 2.1 RC2 so they do work. It's just that you must remove them before upgrading..But they do work..

Skhilled

But there will still be bugs to be found and you are bound to run into them. What I'm trying to say is that you can't rely on them until 2.1 goes final and things settle or you'll just be chasing your tail unless you know how to fix the coding yourself.