QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

How do I even explain this problem?

Started by LandyVlad, Jul 01, 2023, 06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

URL: https://ytyak.com

I've just upgraded from 2.1 RC4 to 2.1.4 using the large upgrade package - with no drama (the forum itself).

BUT the first time I uploaded the zip and tried to run it - didn't seem to work, and also the zip seemed to have disappeared.
So I uploaded again and it worked perfectly.

I'm thinking though that the first time I may have uploaded the zip to the wrong place as now I have several SMF directories OUTSIDE of public_html  :bnghd 

These are duplicates as everything inside public_html is as it should be.

So here's the directory tree - which of these can I safely delete?

I've put arrows next to the ones I THINK I can safely just delete.

You cannot view this attachment.

Thoughts?

Oh and I also found all these files in the root directory.

I've deleted those marked in red as they would be a security vulnerability (these are normally deleted post upgrade under normal circumstances, and by the upgrade.php process if ticked)

You cannot view this attachment.

What else can I get rid of from there?

Thanks in advance

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

In the first image, it's safe to delete all of the ones with red arrows and the /Packages directory.

In the 2nd image, you can delete cron.php and all of the files way down through the ones you've marked in red but not /www.

If you have a test site you can compare files and dirs. ;)

Skhilled

In the first image, it's safe to delete all of the ones with red arrows and the /Packages directory.

In the 2nd image, you can delete cron.php and all of the files way down through the ones you've marked in red but not /www.

If you have a test site you can compare files and dirs. ;)

LandyVlad

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.