QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

PHP 7.3 Upgrade

Started by Skhilled, Aug 17, 2019, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I can see the forum. Clear your browser's cache.

Bigguy

I switched it back. Sorry. I can change it again but it won't make a difference. Hold on.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

OK, it's running 7.3 now.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Ok, maybe it is the mysql version or something you've done to the forum. But I am also running an older version of RC2 than you.

As far as me upgrading mysql, I think I remember something about 2.0.15 not working with 10.2 awhile back and is why I never upgraded but can't remember.

Bigguy

Been asking on SMF and they are saying that I am not connecting to the database that php 7.3 is running. Not sure what that means.

Skhilled

Sorry, my daughter called... Where's the topic?

EDIT: Should be the same db unless it is not a fresh install and Settings.php is not connecting to that server/site. There could also be an extension issue with php/apache?

Bigguy

Here ya go. See what illori said. I don't get that.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=569300.0

I posted my info from my test site along with the info you posted from your site from this thread. I think she thinks they are from the same site.

Bigguy

I put in a ticket with my host. so we will see what happens.

Bigguy

I fixed it. When I installed php 7.2 and 7.3 on the server I didn't install a few extensions, namely:

php73-php-mysqlnd
php73-php-pdo

Once those were installed the site started to work. We are on 7.3 now.

Skhilled

Cool! My first thoughts were that maybe you needed one or more extensions installed but I decided to wait and see if it was the db before going down that route. I was going to send you the list of extensions I had installed to see if any would make it work for you.

Bigguy

Well, I have a wordpress site as well on this server. So I tried to change it to 7.3 and it wouldn't work, but the error message it had lead me to believe that it was an extension. So I went on a hunt and found two in WHM that had to do with the database. Installed them and away we went. :) Thanks for your help. I'm glad we got it going. :vcool

Skhilled

My daughter's WP account is set to 7.3 and was curious if it would work. I had read that it did and she should be installing it today, if she hasn't already.

Bigguy

Your daughters into this stuff to eh, very nice. You guys will be coding together before ya know it. ;)

Skhilled

Well, she's just getting into it. She's pretty good with Photoshop, tho, cause she went to school for photography and editing the photos was part of it.

Bigguy

That's very cool. Keep her goin at it. :)