QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Computer Problems

Started by lesmond, Oct 06, 2019, 03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Been having problems with my PC for a few weeks now :dontknow

It failing to startup at times, or starts up but a black screen, then it will start up but reboots or shuts down after a few seconds, other times I can sign in and it just freezes up, so I have to reboot :dontknow  :o

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Almost sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe something overheating. When was the last time you cleaned inside for dust bunnies. ??
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

I took out has much hardware has I could, seems to have helped, so it maybe the PSU.

Ronald

Any "beeps" or "flashing lights" you can check with the manufacture on these..

I have a Dell and seems to run good until I want to watch Coronation Street, then after 10 mintues of streaming, it shuts down by itself.. 

Bigguy

Quote from: lesmond on Oct 06, 2019, 04:23 PMso it maybe the PSU.
That maybe what it is. If it's running better now than that's what I would think.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Quote from: Ronald on Oct 06, 2019, 07:31 PMAny "beeps" or "flashing lights" you can check with the manufacture on these..

I built it myself, so should I check with myself  :dontknow

And I never put the little speaker in when I built the PC

Skhilled

You can't tech support your own problems??? LMAO ;)

Put in a support ticket to yourself and see what kind of response you get...

lesmond

Quote from: Skhilled on Oct 07, 2019, 08:37 AMPut in a support ticket to yourself and see what kind of response you get...

I would hate to think the reply I would get!!! I suppose I could talk to myself lmao

Ronald

Quote from: lesmond on Oct 07, 2019, 08:48 AMI would hate to think the reply I would get!!! I suppose I could talk to myself lmao

Have a few brews first.. :chrs

LandyVlad

Sounds like (in order of likelihood)

1. An overheating issue - check cpu fan, eradicate dust bunnies

2. A PSU issue to me, got a spare to try it?

This is assuming, of course: 

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

I have a feeling this may not have helped .... :emb

Bigguy

It doesn't look like it would help, lol. What the hell is that. :hwhat

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 08, 2019, 07:58 AMIt doesn't look like it would help, lol. What the hell is that. :hwhat

one of the sata cables, all the casing fell off! :(

Bigguy

I would get rid of it then. Even if it still works, your just askin for trouble.

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 09, 2019, 06:03 AMI would get rid of it then. Even if it still works, your just askin for trouble.
Oh I did, in the trash already :)