QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

2.1.3 released

Started by Bigguy, Nov 22, 2022, 06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Skhilled on Dec 03, 2022, 06:06 AMWelcome aboard, Dave! ;)

Thanks Steve

Quote from: Skhilled on Dec 03, 2022, 06:06 AMI had problems similar to yours when I upgraded. The difference with mine was I was so busy when I did it I forgot to uninstall my mods first. I plan to go back and redo it without the mods and see how it goes...

I did uninstall all the mods first but it still wouldn't show me the images in the posts. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact that the images, in most cases, were inserted via the 'Post and PM Inline Attachments' mod.

I will have another look in the new year and see if I can get it working. I wonder if I leave the mod in place and then let the upgrade files overwrite the templates and then reinstall the 2.1 version of it, to see if it works.

If you want play quizzes or games click below

Bigguy

Welcome to the site, nice to have you here. Did you do any maintenance on the attachments, did it make any difference. :???
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Dave

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 03, 2022, 08:14 AMWelcome to the site, nice to have you here.

Thanks Bigguy

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 03, 2022, 08:14 AMDid you do any maintenance on the attachments, did it make any difference. :???

Yes I did, maintenance found x images with no home etc then when I clicked on fix it, it cleared them from the folder completely, no matter what I did nothing seemed to make any difference. I watched all the posts coming in on SMF about the attachments in v2.1.2 and deliberately waited until 2.1.3 was released to upgrade.

The attachments db table was populated so that wasn't an issue. I just don't know what the problem was, it was proably something I did, but what, who knows  :dontknow

Bigguy

I know there are issues with attachments on GH. Just trying to search it right now to see if it would be of any help.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

If I can do the upgrade, dam anyone could do it. I just ran the upgrade, if I remember, but doubt it to popped the mod's out. Both mny boards are smf 2.1.3 now and no errors.. nock on wood.

Bigguy

I upgraded this one from the admin panel. No problems here.

LandyVlad

I think the issue is for people doing the large upgrade from a 2.0.x to 2.1.x
(not so much the iterative 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 upgrade)

Which is what has me, running 2.0.19 and wanting to upgrade - worried.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Ronald

Quote from: Bigguy on Dec 04, 2022, 06:26 PMI upgraded this one from the admin panel. No problems here.

The second one I did from the ACP after seeing the notice.

Ronald

Quote from: LandyVlad on Dec 04, 2022, 07:42 PMI think the issue is for people doing the large upgrade from a 2.0.x to 2.1.x
(not so much the iterative 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 upgrade)

Which is what has me, running 2.0.19 and wanting to upgrade - worried.

Get one of the guys from the SMF support forum to help you.

Skhilled

Yeah, that's the problem I had...

shawnb61

Quote from: Dave on Dec 03, 2022, 09:34 AMYes I did, maintenance found x images with no home etc then when I clicked on fix it, it cleared them from the folder completely, no matter what I did nothing seemed to make any difference. I watched all the posts coming in on SMF about the attachments in v2.1.2 and deliberately waited until 2.1.3 was released to upgrade.

The attachments db table was populated so that wasn't an issue. I just don't know what the problem was, it was proably something I did, but what, who knows  :dontknow

When it looks like SMF cannot find your attachments, do not run the maintenance function.  It does cleanup...  I.e., if it cannot find an attachment in the file system, it will delete the attachment record from the attachment table; it figures you did some cleanup, and thinks it's being helpful. 

So...  If you run the maintenance function when your attachment directory setting is incorrect, it will basically delete everything...  If that is what happened, that's a clue your attachment folder was set incorrectly somehow.

Quote from: Dave on Dec 03, 2022, 08:00 AMdid uninstall all the mods first but it still wouldn't show me the images in the posts. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the fact that the images, in most cases, were inserted via the 'Post and PM Inline Attachments' mod.

That is part of the issue here...  SMF did not support inline attachments in 2.0, the mod did it.  SMF does support inline attachments in 2.1, but, the feature works a little differently from the old mod.  I think the mod authors found a way to migrate those, but IIRC you need to install the mod in 2.1 also:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=4122285

LandyVlad

Oh dear... MOST of the images on my forum are attachments.

(unless by inline attachments you mean in the main body of the thread? )

The only attachments mod I have is "Automatic Attachment Rotation (and Resize)"
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

shawnb61

I am referring specifically to inline attachments.  They were not supported in 2.0 and needed a mod.

Again, this was a mod thing, and the mod authors recently fixed it in the 2.1 version of their mod.  Follow the link above.  Before they fixed the mod for 2.1, attachments weren't displayed inline.  They were not lost, just not displayed inline as desired.

You cannot view this attachment.

Note the above is an example of an inline attachment.  Text can be above or below it. 

I must say, it's an outstanding example of an inline attachment.  Just look at it.  It's a beaut.

Dave

I'm going to attempt the upgrade again today and see what happens. Wish me luck

Dave

Well I had the same issue again with the attachments.

I have run repair settings and checked the folders but again the file weren't renamed with .dat extension.

I'm going to run SOOL's code snippet to rename them and see if it helps

UPDATE:
Good News:

Running the code snippet worked and now with some settings adjustments I can see the attachments as inline ones in the posts

Bad News:

For some reason I'm getting the error as seen below when I try to install and uninstall mods, I say uninstall as 2 mods did actually install one after I change the package info to be directly compatible with 2.1.3, and the other happened I think as I was getting mad at, I did change the package info xml on that one too, now one of them I cannot uninstall.
Also every other mod I've tried to install gives the same error. I don't want to test uninstalling the other mod as it's the 'Post_and_PM_Inline_Attachments' mod that making the attachments work OK.

There is a topic on SMF relating to this but I don't know what the fix is.

array(14) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_error" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(138) ["function"]=> string(12) "smf_db_query" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73)
"/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(301) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [4]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17)
"smf_error_handler" } [5]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(1026) ["function"]=> string(22)
"mysqli_stmt_bind_param" } [6]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(129) ["function"]=> string(19)
"smf_db_error_insert" } [7]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9)
"log_error" } [8]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_error" } [9]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(75) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(928) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_query" } [10]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(71) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs.php" ["line"]=> int(6029) ["function"]=> string(14)
"PackageInstall" } [11]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(75) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Packages.php" ["line"]=> int(91) ["function"]=> string(11)
"call_helper" } [12]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(72) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Admin.php" ["line"]=> int(499) ["function"]=> string(8)
"Packages" } [13]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(64) "/*****/public_html/index.php" ["line"]=> int(191) ["function"]=> string(9)
"AdminMain" } } Error loop.array(5) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(589) ["function"]=> string(9)
"log_error" } [1]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(493) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_error" } [2]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(80) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php" ["line"]=> int(801) ["function"]=> string(12)
"smf_db_query" } [3]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(74) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Session.php" ["line"]=> int(187) ["function"]=> string(13)
"smf_db_insert" } [4]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(12) "sessionWrite" } } Error loop

EDIT: I did post something on SMF about this, but only saying I had the same issue as another topic, now Dzonny wants more info so I'm giving him info there too. I just didn't want you guys to think that I was posting all over to get a fix.

UPDATE: I upgraded to PHP8.0 and now the error size has reduced to this

array(2) { [0]=> array(3) { ["file"]=> string(73) "/*****/public_html/Sources/Errors.php" ["line"]=> int(301) ["function"]=> string(9) "log_error" } [1]=> array(1) { ["function"]=> string(17) "smf_error_handler" } } Error loop.