QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Moving The Header

Started by Skhilled, Jun 29, 2019, 08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

In the theme I'm creating there's a thick border around the wrapper. But I'm having problems getting the border to wrap around the header. I've tried moving the header code below the wrapper, upper_section and inner_section code but keep getting an error. Errors also happen if I try to enlarge the border to show around the header without moving the header code.

The first arrow shows where the header originally is and the 2nd shows where Ii'd like it to show.

You cannot view this attachment.

https://skhilled.com/rc2/index.php?theme=11

Bigguy

Nice lookin theme. Not sure how to do that. Maybe I will play around a bit later if you don't get it before then.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I've made it work with another theme but it didn't have that border around everything like that. This is a bit harder and keeps giving me a white screen so I'm sure I'm either not adding something like a semi-colon, need to add or remove an echo, etc. or putting it in the wrong place.

Bigguy

If you add h1.forumtitle to the #wrapper section of css what happens.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I haven't tried it but think it would move the forum title part only and not the entire header. Les showed me something I'm going to try in a bit. I was trying to move the header code in index.template.php but Les showed me a way to only use index.css. I'll report back.

Skhilled

Just can't get it to work the way I want. I'm pretty sure I should be able to move the header code in index.template.php just below the wrapper code. It works in dev but I just can't get it right in the real code. LOL