QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Undo modified post

Started by nidec, Jan 21, 2022, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nidec

Hi,
One of the moderators was 'looking' at a members post and accidentally pressed modify, deleting part of the post.
Is there a way to get this back, or see what it said beforehand so we can revert to how it was?

Using 2.0.18

Bigguy

No, not that I know of. Pressing modify would edit any database info on that post. So, what was there is gone.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Unless you have a backup...

nidec

Hadn't thought about a backup. Would that not remove any posts made since the modification?

Skhilled

Yes, it would. So, it depends on how important the post was as to what to do. Either leave as is and have the moderator apologize for the mistake or do a backup.

On a side note, you can install the drafts mods so it can automatically save drafts of posts every so often to help.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1264

Bigguy

You could, I guess go into the backup and find and extract that post only and put it in the current database. If you feel lucky.... ;)

EDIT: Not sure how hard that would be. Probably not that hard.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

shawnb61

I would restore to a test db & copy/paste the one post using phpmyadmin.

If the db backup is a .sql file, you can possibly copy/paste straight from there. 

nidec

Thanks guys, I've passed your suggestions to the site administrator. In their hands now