QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

PHP Version 7.4

Started by Ronald, Jan 12, 2023, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I went to download and install a SMF mod called https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1279

Apprently it runs on 8.0 or higher. My SMF is on 7.4 and when I switched over to 8.0 the fourm went off line. I thought SMF 2.1.3 ran on 7.4.

Anyone explain this for me.

Bigguy

You should be fine with Php 8. Switch it back and give it a minute or two to catch up to ya. Maybe doing a hard refresh would help (ctrl + f5). I know there was always a pause on the forum when it looked like it had gone down when I was playin around with versions of php.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Yeah, I think you've forgot we've been through this before, Ron. You have to give it a minute or two them refresh your browser.

Ronald

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Tried hard refresh 5 times  waited more than 5 minutes, nothing. This is 8.0 Funny, I decided I'd try 8.1, clicked on the site and it comes up. Crazy.

Skhilled

Must be something on your site that is conflicting with it. Or, you do not have the same modules installed as the other mods and therefore will not work properly. Check to make sure 8.0 has the same modules installed as the others in EasyApache in WHM. If they are the same then something on your site will not play nice with 8.0.

Bigguy

I just changed this site from 7.4 to 8.0 and it might have been down for 5 seconds. No problems here.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Dave

Hmmm...my original site which was converted from 2.0.19 to 2.1.3 recently runs fine on php8.

All files etc must be on 2.1.3. I'll check yours out in the morning Ron.

Update: The Seniors is running php8.0.26

I'm guessing you're talking about 'holics
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Ronald

Quote from: Dave on Jan 13, 2023, 05:14 PMHmmm...my original site which was converted from 2.0.19 to 2.1.3 recently runs fine on php8.

All files etc must be on 2.1.3. I'll check yours out in the morning Ron.

Update: The Seniors is running php8.0.26

I'm guessing you're talking about 'holics

Seniors is on 8.0
arcadeholics is on 8.1, tried numerous time to run of 8.0 won't do it.

Dave

Quote from: Ronald on Jan 14, 2023, 10:00 AMSeniors is on 8.0
arcadeholics is on 8.1, tried numerous time to run of 8.0 won't do it.

That is very odd Ron, I don't know why it would do that, especially as it's the same host.
If you want play quizzes or games click below