QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Slide Tab Mod

Started by Bigguy, Feb 06, 2019, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

If you go into the css and find .colright you can change the width and move that column over. I have made changes to the mod and inserted that line correctly and it does work but does not take care of the problem you are having.

EDIT: I had that line in the wrong place. Edit your index.template.php file Look for //slide tab I think it is and remove the line I posted.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

Quote from: Shades on Oct 02, 2022, 02:13 PMI just installed it on my test forum and it redirected me to *****.com/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=general but gave me 500 error This page is not working right now. Can't even access the main forum now, not sure what happened. (No worries though, its just a test site) :rgton
This one will work. I just finished testing it. But check out my last post about the css changes.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Shades

Quote from: Bigguy on Oct 02, 2022, 02:27 PMIf you go into the css and find .colright you can change the width and move that column over. I have made changes to the mod and inserted that line correctly and it does work but does not take care of the problem you are having.

EDIT: I had that line in the wrong place. Edit your index.template.php file Look for //slide tab I think it is and remove the line I posted.
That fixed it somewhat, but now that I know what to look for I'll play around with it and see what I can get it to do. Thanks! :vcool

Shades

BTW, this is how SMFHelpers slide tab looks in responsive mode via browser dev tool...just an fyi. ;)

(Text is cut off on the right as per the issue we're discussing :lb )

You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

Yeah I saw that while testing. I'll get that fixed today hopefully.

Bigguy

Ok, not today, lol. Been at work and on the phone all day. >:(

Dave

I've got this working OK on my test site but I cannot add any images or a YT video like you guys have, all I get is a html link.

I've tried using

<a href="https:

<a src="https:

and I've also tried using an iFrame too but nothing.

Any help, like posting the code you used would be good please  :rgton

Thanks

UPDATE: It's OK I didn't realise you could use plain old bbc in it, so got it all working OK now.
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Bigguy

Did ya get it all workin. :???

Dave

Quote from: Bigguy on Jan 22, 2023, 12:41 PMDid ya get it all workin. :???

I did thanks BG, it's looking good now

Dave

On my site I've made a change to the css index settings for this.

The reason is because I needed to post a site link and the site name was quite long and went on to the next line in the block which didn't look very tidy.

So I have changed the width settings as below

/*all about the links and columns they are in*/
.columns{
clear: both;
width: 380px; =============
padding: 0 0 20px 0;
line-height: 22px;
}

.colleft{
float: left;
width: 180px;  =============
}

.colright{
float: right;
width: 180px;  =============
}

The 380 could actually be set to 360 and the blocks will still be ok as 2 x 180 = 360, but I like a bit of space so made it a little bit bigger.

Bigguy

That's great. Glad it works for you. :rgton