QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

PHP 7.3 Upgrade

Started by Skhilled, Aug 17, 2019, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I will try again then when I get home at shortly after 1.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 20, 2019, 06:22 AMI have installed php 7.1 to 7.3. Nothing above 7.1 will run any of these sites I have on this server. All I get is database connection issues.

2.1 RC2 should be fine on php7.3 just don't bother if you have any 2.0.15 sites on here though, unless you want to keep emptying your error log every few minutes. It will run on it with errors, but some mods might not like it at all.  ;)   

Bigguy

I have changed one domain to 7.3 so we will see in a bit.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Bigguy

I gave it 10 minutes to change for 7.3 and nothing. Now it's on 7.2, lets see if that works.

Bigguy

Maybe it's not the php version at all but the database....I don't know.

Bigguy

:nno No love there at all. Switch back to 7.1 and it comes up perfect.

Skhilled

Your SMF 2.1 was an upgrade from SMF 2.0.15, correct? If so, and you have an extra domain, then create another account with another domain and see if a fresh install of SMF 2.1 work with PHP 7.3 or 7.2.

I'll do the same in the morning when I get back from work and see what happens.  have several domains I keep just to play with things like creating a new VPS, totally different website, etc. ;)

Bigguy

No, this was a straight install of 2.1, no upgrade from 2.0.15. I tried it on a different domain than this one and it was a fresh install of 2.1

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 21, 2019, 11:10 AMNo, this was a straight install of 2.1, no upgrade from 2.0.15. I tried it on a different domain than this one and it was a fresh install of 2.1

This test site http://lts4.byethost7.com/index.php

Is a fresh install of 2.1RC2 nightly build from a couple of weeks ago, running it on a free hosting just t see if it would work. It's running PHP: 7.3.6 without problems.

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.1 RC2 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.1 RC2
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQLi engine: Percona
MySQLi version: 5.6.41-84.1
PHP: 7.3.6 (more detailed)
Server version: Apache

Bigguy

Right now this is what this site is running:

MySQLi engine: MariaDB
MySQLi version: 10.2.23-MariaDB
PHP: 7.1.31 (more detailed)

Bigguy

The only difference is mysqli that I can see from this.

Skhilled

I just switched skhilled.com to 7.3, the details for the forum are below. It's blazing fast!:

https://skhilled.com/rc2/index.php

Version Information:
MySQLi engine: MariaDB
MySQLi version: 10.1.41-MariaDB
PHP: 7.3.8 (more detailed)

Bigguy

MySQLi version is different. I wonder if that's it.

Skhilled

Was just look at smf.org to see if smf 2.0.15 will work with mysql 10.2 or 10.3 but didn't find anything yet. I don't want to upgrade if it doesn't work cause of the clients as well as my own forums.

Bigguy

This is all I get when I switch to 7.3:

I changed it back to 7.1