QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the week


Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Avatar & Profile

Started by Ronald, Apr 07, 2021, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ronald

On my arcade forum, I installed a theme skin called Gamer Theme. I would like to put the avatar and profile over to the left side of the posting page. It is now on the right side, don't like it there.

See Image You cannot view this attachment.

LandyVlad

I don't know the answer but as the default SMF theme has it on the left, there's obviously code to change that. So, it's probably as easy as deleting some additional code.

Have you asked the theme author?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Ronald

Quote from: LandyVlad on Apr 07, 2021, 06:46 PMI don't know the answer but as the default SMF theme has it on the left, there's obviously code to change that. So, it's probably as easy as deleting some additional code.

Have you asked the theme author?

No it's an older theme skin by Crip.

Skhilled

#3
That theme is not in the downloads at CZ and not in the extra files I have. Where did you get it?

Edit: One thing you would need to do is search for and edit the following code in index.css, changing "right" to "left":

.poster {
    float: right; /* Change to left */
    width: 160px;
    -webkit-hyphens: auto;
    -ms-hyphens: auto;
    hyphens: auto;
    word-wrap: break-word;
    overflow-wrap: break-word;
}

It will put it on the left side. However, it will not put everything else on the right side. Since I do not have a copy of the theme I can't help with that, atm.

Ronald

#4
It is a nice skin but to difficult to start changing things around. I have deleted the skin.

So now Redzone88 I have been trying for a couple of days to make the width smaller. How do I make the width smaller. I have changed the px so many times, and a hard refresh and still nothing.

/* This division wraps the entire forum when a forum width is set. */
div#wrapper
{
   margin: 0 auto;
   min-width: 764px;
   max-width: 2200px;
}

Skhilled

Which width did you change and what did you change it to? Please be specific.

Please provide a link to the theme so I can see it.

Ronald

Quote from: Ronald on Apr 09, 2021, 11:48 AMIt is a nice skin but to difficult to start changing things around. I have deleted the skin.

So now Redzone88 I have been trying for a couple of days to make the width smaller. How do I make the width smaller. I have changed the px so many times, and a hard refresh and still nothing.

/* This division wraps the entire forum when a forum width is set. */
div#wrapper
{
   margin: 0 auto;
   min-width: 764px;
   max-width: 2200px;
}

The width of the skin itself https://arcadeholics.net/index.php It goes from one side to the other, I'd like it have a space around each side.

Skhilled

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the background image. You mean at the top with the red and black bar and the footer with the black bar? That's part of the background image and needs to be resized.

Add: "width: 1240px;" to the body tag...line 37 and let me know if that is close to it before I go further.

Ronald

Thanks got it right now.

Skhilled

Ok, I wasn't sure if you also wanted the header and footer parts to be as wide as the forum or not.

Skhilled

You might want to change the colors of the "Welcome guest section so it's more readable. It's hard to read now.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Apr 09, 2021, 08:33 PMYou might want to change the colors of the "Welcome guest section so it's more readable. It's hard to read now.

Done..