QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Christmas theme 2.1RC3

Started by lesmond, Nov 17, 2020, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Been working on this today, needs a bit more work, this is what I have so far, thoughts :???

The wooden/logo plaque is editable and loads with the theme, and can be changed in theme settings, psd will be supplied for that.

**Edit theme updated for SMF 2.1.3**

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

That is a very cool xmas theme for sure. Good work man.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

for sure Les. SMF has many theme skins, but very few holiday theme skins.

lesmond

new update, not sure about the background!

Bigguy

Different snowflakes maybe. :dontknow I like it but that is what seems to be off for me.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Bigguy

Geez, that's nice to. Maybe you should make two, lol.....or just have two backgrounds and change them on page load.

Oldiesmann

I like the light blue background better
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

lesmond

If anyone would like to try this theme for SMF 2.1 RC3 I have included the zip below.

Included in the file is the psd for the logo to add your own forum name..

The background changes on a page load, 4 backgrounds are included in Themes/christmas/images/custom/background folder, these can be changed if needed, but try and keep the same sizes. if you want only one image, remove the ones you don't want, but don't remove rotator.php

Bigguy

Very cool. Glad you got it done. That didn't take you very long at all. :rgton

Oldiesmann

Looking at the demo, I do see one issue. The sort header links in the message index (Subject, Started By, etc.) are difficult to read. Is there any way you could change those to white without messing up other links?
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

lesmond

Quote from: Oldiesmann on Nov 22, 2020, 11:17 PMLooking at the demo, I do see one issue. The sort header links in the message index (Subject, Started By, etc.) are difficult to read. Is there any way you could change those to white without messing up other links?

The only problem is those links are all under one section of code in the css, so if I change those it changes lots of other text.

All arrowed items are defined by this, so changing to white also change the others.

a, a:visited {
    color: #171dde;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

I have changed the background of the bar to a lighter green, and the text dark green, hopefully stands out better :)

Included new zip to reflect the change.

Skhilled

You need to separate the "a" and "a:visited" so they will have unique colors.

Bigguy

I was just gonna suggest that. Rip'm apart and give them their own css.

lesmond

Quote from: Skhilled on Nov 23, 2020, 10:43 AMYou need to separate the "a" and "a:visited" so they will have unique colors.

Trouble is a, a:visited are used in so many place, look at all the highlighted place here, even if you split them not much changes :(