QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Change poster background

Started by Hatshepsut, Sep 05, 2021, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatshepsut

Hello,

I would change poster background in topics, like vBulletin style.
I saw some custom SMF themes that have such feature, but I don't know how to make it  ???
I tried to edit index.css file, but background is changed partially...

/* poster details and list of items */
.poster {
float: left;
/* Don't set this in em.It will eat too much space if people need to set large text sizes. */
width: 160px;
-webkit-hyphens: auto;
-ms-hyphens: auto;
hyphens: auto;
word-wrap: break-word; /* IE fallback */
overflow-wrap: break-word;
}

I have added to this section

background: #fff5e5;

But new color fills only part of the post area, I would all post height to be filled with background color.

Click =>

Bigguy

Maybe try a height attribute:

height: 200px;

Or

height: 100%;

It may get ignored by some browsers though. It may not even work but it was just a guess.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Do you want the entire poster area's background color changed like in the image below? I just added background: #fff; to a theme and got what's in the image below.

You cannot view this attachment.

Do you also want the poster area longer/taller?

You cannot view this attachment.

Bigguy

He's just trying to color the whole spot from top to bottom where the avatar is.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Yes, but the image he's showing is pointing to the area below the poster area. That's why I'm asking to be sure.

In the 2nd image I've added height: 400px; to make it taller. But if he's trying to add an extra space below that area like in the image he's shown then the come would be different and would probably need to have something new created to get that effect.

EDIT: What Ive done would also benefit from some padding on the left.

Bigguy

I think that area shown is what will not take color.

Hatshepsut

Yes, I want all the post area to be filled with background color.
Specify size in pixels is not effective, because posts have different height.
Specify height: 100% does not change situation.

Maybe it's needed to define some 'post-height' variable, and then use it as height parameter.
I have downloaded 'Potato' theme (which has such feature) and looking in its index.css file, but I cannot find the appropriate code.

Bigguy

See if maybe it is in responsive.css I think it is.

Skhilled

I've tried all kinds of things but no joy. lol I assume it needs some type of flex container but I am not good with those yet.

Hatshepsut