QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

PHP 7.3 Upgrade

Started by Skhilled, Aug 17, 2019, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I've been trying to get her into it for a long time. She's done just about everything else I've done and is like a "Mini Me". LOL She's into just about everything I'm into except for things like this until now.

Bigguy

I hope she goes far with it for sure.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on Aug 22, 2019, 06:57 AMI just switched skhilled.com to 7.3, the details for the forum are below. It's blazing fast!:

Just clicked on and all I get is a Blank Page..

Bigguy

That's all I get as well.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

lesmond

Quote from: Bigguy on Aug 24, 2019, 09:16 AMThat's all I get as well.

Add /rc1 or /rc2 to the end of the URL ;)

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Skhilled

Sorry, guys, LOL When you just type any .com RC2 makes it link by default. Les is correct about adding the RC2 but I've changed it back. I do have other things under that url that work work.

But, you can see how much faster this site is since upgrading to 7.3.

Skhilled

Ok, just been reminded by Chen Zhen that he coded to PHP 7.2 compatibility mod and the license allows others to distribute it which is why it is on smfhacks. However, the one on smfhacks is only compatible with SMF 2.1 and not 2.0.x.

The one on Chen's site is only compatible with SMF 2.0.x and can be found here:

https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;area=stable_smf_modifications;file=48

I've installed the mod and upgraded the server for skhilled.com/smftest to PHP 7.2 and it works without any errors! Yeah! ;D

Skhilled

I was wrong. The one at smfhacks is only for 2.0, not 2.1. I think I was thinking of the Block Proxy VPN On Registration mod. :-[  You should be able to use either one without a problem.

lurkalot

Quote from: lesmond on Aug 20, 2019, 12:13 AMYes I think chen runs them both.

Think you're right Les.  SP site now archived, read only.  :o

Bigguy

That's to bad. They had a good run at it though.

lesmond

Now would be a good idea for a converter from SP to TP ;)

If its possible ?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Skhilled

I've asked about that long ago but there were no takers.

Bigguy

People from SP can just go to Eh Portal cause I thought it was a fork of that or something similar. :dontknow

Skhilled

I think you're right but haven't been there lately.