QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Fixin computers

Started by Bigguy, Dec 03, 2020, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Seems I am starting to do a bit more of this lately. Nothin heavy but still, it's nice to get back into it. :rgton  Fixed a driver error in a laptop today. :hdan
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

I'd like to either build a new PC or upgrade some of the hardware on this one but can't afford it, atm.

Bigguy

I hear ya there. I would like to build a new one as well and maybe sell this one.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

I am slowly learning more about the workings of a computer. My next item to get is a SSD hardrive. I have replaced a few items inside and so far it's been successful.

Never built a computer, but my brother that is all he did was build computers for himself and his daughters. Some day maybe I'd like to build my own, but them days are getting shorter in my life span.

Here in Canada I have 3 computers, 2 desktops, 1 laptop, all are old and outdated, but still work for me..First computer I ever bought a gaming computer, sits in the closet, with XP on it, good backup machine.

In the USA I have maybe half dozen computers, 2 I use when I'm over there, rest are on a shelf for parts, or if anyone wants an old computer to fix or play with.  I also have 2 big file boxes full of used parts, hardrive's, players, graphic cards, motherboards, wire harness's and cords.etc.

lesmond

I just updated mine, new 1000w PSU, CPU AMD Ryzen, 16gb ram, 1 new Graphic card (I have 3 now, 1 for each monitor)

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Bigguy

Sounds like you got a whole new system. Very cool though :rgton

LandyVlad

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

lesmond

Quote from: LandyVlad on Dec 13, 2020, 11:59 PM@lesmond  - which Ryzen cpu?

AMD Ryzen 3 1200 not brilliant, but all I could afford.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe