QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

Windows Insider program

Started by Bigguy, Feb 09, 2019, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

So my computer just did another update. The version I am on now is:

Windows 10 Pro
Evaluation copy Build 18334.19h1_release 190205- 1505

Not sure what the last build number was but I do know it did not change much and the update did not take that long so it was just probably bug fixes. I hope my computer boots properly now. That would be sweet.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Ronald

I opted out of the Insiders program.

My computer just upgraded itself to windows 10 version 1809, this update was different from the computer I had problems with..

This one wants you to talk to Cortana, opted out of the speech..

Bigguy

I shut cortana right off. I hate that thing. Just give me a plain old search bar any day.
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

live627

Have fun beta testing for Microsoft.

I'm on 1803.

lurkalot

Quote from: live627 on Feb 10, 2019, 11:16 PMHave fun beta testing for Microsoft.

I'm on 1803.

Wish I was on 1803. 1809 is a mare.

live627

Yeah. Well. Ahem. Beta testers.

I'm signed up for the program, but have never downloaded any builds. My computer would hate me. That steel case weighs alot with everything in it. It might be able to come at me with all that electricity flowing through its veins.

Skhilled

LOL!

Quote from: Bigguy on Feb 09, 2019, 02:23 PMI shut cortana right off. I hate that thing. Just give me a plain old search bar any day.
Me too. Reminds me of Google spying on me all of the time.

Bigguy

Ronald

I was in the Insider progrm, had troubles updating so I got out. I am now on 1809, running great..

Skhilled

Been thinking of getting back into that. Maybe after the next time I build a new PC...not sure when that will be, tho.

Bigguy

I have an update already downloaded. It's just waitin to be installed. Probably do that tomorrow.

Bigguy

Just updated again for like the 4th time in 2 weeks or so. Now I am on version 1903 build 18361.1

Bigguy

18362.1 is downloading right now, lmao...really I just installed one. :bnghd

Oldiesmann

I've got mine set on the fast ring, but I rarely use Windows for anything on my laptop anyway (my primary OS is Arch Linux) - just the occasional game that doesn't work properly under Wine or (in the case of Steam games) isn't available for Linux (though I haven't actually tried running the Windows version of Steam under Wine yet so I have no idea if that would work or not). I primarily use the computer for web-browsing, website management and development, so everything I need can be done under Linux (Chromium for the browser, webmail, gmail or KMail with IMAP for email, phpStorm for development, etc.). I also have a test server setup under Windows using WampServer just to play around with running PHP on Windows some.
Christian Metal Fans - https://www.christianmetal.fans

Bigguy

Mine is also on the fast ring. I used to dual-boot linux years ago but have not done it in awhile. Maybe I will try it along side W10, hmm.