QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

See-Through Menus?

Started by Skhilled, May 16, 2022, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I'm not sure what the heck I did but my menus seem to show "behind" menus lower than they are such as the main menu dropdown over the Admin menu. See the images...

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

It's one of the weirdest things. LOL

Bigguy

You have to change or add a z-index in there to one of the menu's
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

Ah! I never knew what a z-index was. LMAO Thanks! :rgton

Bigguy

Hey, no problem at all. Glad I could help. :rgton
"It's the American dream....cause ya have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Skhilled

That was a bust...unless I was doing something wrong...again! LMAO

Bigguy

No, that should work. I have had that happen as well and that's how I fix it. By adding to editing the existing z-index code. The numbers for the z-index can go up to 100 or so as far as I know.

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp

Skhilled

Ah! Now I know how it works and you've been holding out on me! It only works with the position or flex elements. And I thought you were my friend! LMAO

Bigguy

Lol, I was trying to be, lol. I've done a lot of editing in the past but haven't played with the menus in awhile. :emb

Skhilled

I'm a bit busy cooking today but I'll check it out tomorrow. :)

Bigguy

Quote from: Skhilled on May 17, 2022, 09:25 AMIt only works with the position or flex elements.
I was just thinking....you can change and separate things in SMF. I've had to do it a few times to get things right. I may not be explaining it right but I know what I'm sayin in my head, lol. Just thought I would put this out there.

Skhilled

Yeah, I know. When a new version of SMF is released I create a modified version of the default with certain elements/styles separated to make things easier for updating the themes. I haven't don't it for 2.1.x yet cause I was anxious to get the theme done. Then I just use that to start with.

Skhilled

Yeahhhhh, fixed! I got smart and used a clean default index.css to compare it to the one in the theme. Something was commented out that should not have been.

#main_menu .popup_container, #genericmenu > .popup_container {

/* display: block;
position: relative; */
background: none;
margin: 0;
height: auto; /* In case anything fishy happens in the situations where this used make sure it stays still */
}

Skhilled

Ok, so it is not all of the way fixed. LOL The main menu is fixed but the admin menu still does it. >:(  Crap! I may have to start over just to make sure it is all fixed. :(

Bigguy

At least ya figured it out. :rgton

Skhilled

Only part of it. I've compared it over and over and still don't see what's wrong! :dontknow